Radiohead - How To Disappear Completely (Song)
  • Before I begin this review, I want to say that although this track may not be immediately appealing, I strongly recommend listening to it multiple times before making a judgment on it
  • Initially, I didn’t find anything special about this track at all, but now I consider it one of Radiohead’s best and certainly one of my favorite songs by them
  • Though it may seem like not too much is happening throughout the first half of the song, which is unfortunately considering the song is six minutes long, I guarantee that it does pick up and it’s certainly worth listening to the entire thing rather than getting frustrated and stopping in the middle

• by grimmy101

How To Disappear Completely (And Never Be Found Again) is a song by Radiohead which appears on their record Kid A. Before I begin this review, I want to say that although this track may not be immediately appealing, I strongly recommend listening to it multiple times before making a judgment on it.

Initially, I didn’t find anything special about this track at all, but now I consider it one of Radiohead’s best and certainly one of my favorite songs by them.

The track opens up with sort of a swelling sound to it which has a dark vibe which matches perfectly with Yorke’s vocal tone.

The entire atmosphere and mood of the track is very somber, as you could imagine after reading the lyrics of this song.

As I’m sure all Radiohead fans know, Kid A is quite a depressing sounding record, as are many of Radiohead’s songs, but I really think that How To Disappear Completely (And Never Be Found Again) is ...

• the darkest track on this entire record, along with Motion Picture Soundtrack, the final song of the album.

Though it may seem like not too much is happening throughout the first half of the song, which is unfortunately considering the song is six minutes long, I guarantee that it does pick up and it’s certainly worth listening to the entire thing rather than getting frustrated and stopping in the middle.

While the first half of this track is relatively quiet in dynamics,

the second half really picks up and is significantly louder which allows a listener to really grasp just how dark and somber the atmosphere of this track really is.

Also, Yorke picks up his vocal delivery and puts even more emotion into it which is yet another plus.

Though this track may not be too accessible to a listener unfamiliar with Radiohead, I can’t see a reason why any fan of Radiohead would not enjoy this track, I certainly think it’s one of their absolute best.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1422021429570328/k2311a0222/2.22.11