Radiohead - Electioneering (Song)
  • Though I do enjoy the energy of Electioneering, I can’t honestly say that the track competes with the rest of the record, or many of Radiohead’s songs for that matter, simply because I know Radiohead can do so much better than this type of song
  • Though Electioneering is a fun track to listen to now and then, it isn’t a fair representation of what Radiohead is like and for the reason, I wouldn’t recommend listening to this song if you’re a listener trying to get into Radiohead to see what they’re like

• by grimmy101

Electioneering is a song by Radiohead which appears on their third record OK Computer. I’m going to say right away that Electioneering truly isn’t like the rest of the songs on OK Computer, or really like many of the songs by Radiohead for that matter.

This isn’t to say that the track is weak, but it’s simply to say that the song does sound slightly out of place if one were to listen to OK

Computer in its entirety.

The reason I say this is because Electioneering is a very guitar driven track and has a very hard-rock sound to it rather than the alternative rock sound that Radiohead typically provides its listeners.

Nevertheless, the track has a nice energy to it and I will admit that it’s a bit of a breath of fresh air if one is listening to OK Computer in full due to how dark that ...

• album sounds.

Though I do enjoy the energy of Electioneering, I can’t honestly say that the track competes with the rest of the record, or many of Radiohead’s songs for that matter, simply because I know Radiohead can do so much better than this type of song.

In fact, Electioneering seems to take me back to the songwriting style that Radiohead had on Pablo Honey, but now with less of a grunge sound.

Though Electioneering

is a fun track to listen to now and then, it isn’t a fair representation of what Radiohead is like and for the reason, I wouldn’t recommend listening to this song if you’re a listener trying to get into Radiohead to see what they’re like.

Electioneering may have a good energy going for it, but the songwriting on this particular track is certainly below what Radiohead proved timed and time again what they were capable of doing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1422021429550328/k2311a0222/2.22.11