Radiohead - Let Down (Song)
  • Unlike many other Radiohead songs, Let Down was a track which I enjoyed from first listen, which is actually saying quite a bit for me
  • I believe a big reason for this was Yorke’s vocal performance on this song
  • I do not use the term straightforward in this sense to mean boring at all, I simply mean to say that this track is far more accessible to a listener compared to some of Radiohead’s other work
  • For this reason, I would highly recommend Let Down to a listener trying to get into Radiohead as it’s a song which I believe many listeners would be ale to enjoy right from the first listen
  • To be very clear about how highly I think of Let Down, I’ll say this

• by grimmy101

Let Down is a song by Radiohead which appears on their third record, OK Computer. The song opens up in an incredibly melodic fashion and Yorke has a perfect melody and vocal delivery to really highlight the melodic aspect of this song.

Unlike many other Radiohead songs, Let Down was a track which I enjoyed from first listen, which is actually saying quite a bit for me.

Though I do enjoy Radiohead’s work, I often find

that some of their songs take me multiple listens before I even start to enjoy them, but that wasn’t the case with Let Down at all because I enjoyed it right away.

I believe a big reason for this was Yorke’s vocal performance on this song; though the track may not be quite as experimental as other Radiohead songs, the straightforward songwriting on this track is what gives it its strength I believe.

I do not ...

• use the term straightforward in this sense to mean boring at all, I simply mean to say that this track is far more accessible to a listener compared to some of Radiohead’s other work.

For this reason, I would highly recommend Let Down to a listener trying to get into Radiohead as it’s a song which I believe many listeners would be ale to enjoy right from the first listen.

However, if a listener is going

to do this, they must do so with the understanding that Let Down is not really what Radiohead typically sounds like.

To be very clear about how highly I think of Let Down, I’ll say this: I personally believe that OK Computer is Radiohead’s best album, along with Kid A, and Let Down is certainly one of the tracks on that album which stands out to me as being one of the better songs on such a good album.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1422021429440328/k2311a0222/2.22.11