Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma (Song)  » Music  »
  • Though the simple rhythm I mentioned above can be heard throughout the entire track, the song certainly doesn’t draw boring in my opinion due to the wonderful vocal performance and catchy melodies
  • What makes me slightly sad about Vampire Weekend is they demonstrated such great potential on their debut record, particularly with tracks like Oxford Comma, but then their second release, Contra, wasn’t nearly anywhere as good and I actually consider it a pretty weak effort by the band
  • In my opinion, the song is certainly just a hit or miss situation, as I think that’s the case with Vampire Weekend in general

• by grimmy101

Oxford Comma is a song by Vampire Weekend which appears on their debut self-titled record. The song opens up with a very simple yet definitive rhythm before the vocals come in for the first verse.

One thing about Oxford Comma is I find it incredibly hard to not enjoy the vocal performance throughout the verses on the track.

I feel like a listener would either hate the delivery or love it, there doesn’t seem to be much room to be in

the middle for this one.

Though the simple rhythm I mentioned above can be heard throughout the entire track, the song certainly doesn’t draw boring in my opinion due to the wonderful vocal performance and catchy melodies.

What makes me slightly sad about Vampire Weekend is they demonstrated such great potential on their debut record, particularly with tracks like Oxford Comma, but then their second release, Contra, wasn’t nearly anywhere as good and I actually consider it a pretty weak effort ...

• by the band.

Nevertheless, Oxford Comma is certainly one of my favorite tracks on this record which is certainly saying something because there are only one or two tracks on the entire album which I don’t like.

I will say right now that if you’re a listener who isn’t a big fan of the song throughout its first few sections, you probably aren’t going to end up enjoying the track because it maintains this similar mood and sound throughout, and I

also don’t consider it a song which a listener would really need to try and get into.

In my opinion, the song is certainly just a hit or miss situation, as I think that’s the case with Vampire Weekend in general.

As I said in my review for another Vampire Weekend song, I think a listener would either love the song or just hate it due to the simplicity and sort of childish sound it has, but I personally enjoy it a lot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1422021429420328/k2311a0222/2.22.11