Cockatiel Birds  » Pets  »
  • I have had my Timmy for 3 years, and I love him to death
  • Trust me he hated getting his tail cut, but it was for the best

• by Bonny
      Oh the joy of owning a Cockatiel Bird, or do they own you? Having a bird like this is a commitment. Cockatiels take a lot of work. They are very social birds. They need attention. When you decide to get a bird, you need to ask yourself, how much time you can spend with this bird.

This will determine what kind of bird you should get. I have had my Timmy for 3 years, and I love him to death. He is my baby! We have been through a lot. I got him when he was

7 months old.

He was very shy, but I kept talking to him, and giving him treats. He warmed up to me in about 2 weeks. I had another Cockatiel before, so I knew what to do. Once Timmy warmed up to me, I needed to start the training.

First off I clipped his tail. This will stop him from flying high, and protect him. Trust me he hated getting his tail cut, but it was for the best. So everyday I let him out of the cage, and worked with him.

Yo when I put ...

• my stereo on he would dance in front of it. Timmy loves music. Timmy also can pick up ringtones, and imatates them. He likes to watch TV, and for some reason he starts yapping when I start my exercise workout.

Which drives me nuts. Timmy can talk, he says love you, night night boo boo, treat treat, and other things that just pop ot of his mouth, his most famous one is ” Drop it like it’s hot” LOL! He loves that song. He is also very lovey dovey. His favorite thing is to sit on

my head, and peck it.

He has also tried to eat food off my plate. I have on occasion let him out of his cage for hours on end and went to bed. Wow no kidding , he is an alarm clock. The alarm goes off and he pecks me in the head.

I can even cuddle with him & pet him. He thinks he is human lol. There is so much I can say about Cockatiels. They are a great bird, and will live a very long life, with the right care.

I love you Timmy, my Boo Boo.

Bethany Smith says :

re : I have had my Timmy for 3 years, and I love him to death
    I have had my cockatiel birds for my 17th birthday and they were only 1 year old and I love them to bits

JACKIE says :

HOW DO YOU TEACH A COCKATIEL TO TALK?

Syrethyne says :

Spend a lot of time saying what you want the bird to say. They are like a child they emulate what they hear. Sit with the bird and repeat it like a teacher, if the bird talks give it a treat.Give it a good treat if it says the right thing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 293103142930931/k2311a0331/3.31.07