LG 42LD490 LCD TV  » Electronics  »
  • I believe LG’s reputation has improved in leaps and bounds over the last few years and the quality of their products has also vastly improved
  • However, I didn’t mind giving it to them to enjoy themselves because if consider what you get out of it, it really isn’t very expensive
  • I bought this TV for a shade under £500.00 and it is still available at that price currently
  • This impressed me a lot and also pleases the children

• by tolstoy

I have a big TV set in my living room as my boyfriend is a technophile and always insists on having the latest technology. His latest acquisition is a 3D TV which replaced our previous 42″ TV. That TV was perfectly fine, so he decided to put it in a separate room where my nephews an nieces could watch their own shows and also hook up their PlayStation without bothering anyone else.

The TV that had been given to the kids was an LG 42LD490. It was not what you would call a premium brand, but it had served me well and it continued doing so with the kids. When I first got it I was surprised by the quality of the picture considering that it was on the cheaper end of the market. I believe LG’s reputation has improved in leaps and bounds over the last

few years and the quality of their products has also vastly improved.

This TV is black in color, measures 42” and has a 1080p LCD screen. It is HD compatible and has inbuilt free-view for those who do not want to fork out a fortune to get other TV channels. It has a USB port which can be used to input photos and other media onto it, and also has three HDMI ports. Apart from that, it also has inbuilt internet which makes it possible to access online channels such as you tube via LG net-cast. This TV is therefore plainly too good for the kids. However, I didn’t mind giving it to them to enjoy themselves because if consider what you get out of it, it really isn’t very expensive.

I bought this TV for a shade under £500.00 and it is still available at ...

• that price currently. If you shop around you are bound to find it for cheaper, but it generally retails at around £490.00. This TVs sound and picture quality are very good and I couldn’t tell much difference in quality between it and the more superior brands of TV such as Sony. Also, I realized that when my nephews are playing their PlayStation games on the TV, it has such good resolution that it is possible to see every little detail of the game. This impressed me a lot and also pleases the children.

I find the television to have a sleek stylish design. Its not anything fancy, on the contrary it is quite basic, but it still manages to be stylish. Its thin frame and sleek stand are all made of black plastic, but it is very smooth and makes it look worth much more than

its true value.

Another feature about this televisions is that it saves a lot of space. I hung mine on the wall using a special television bracket and it looked stunning. It didn’t protrude from the wall too much because the frame is so thin. It looks just as good when placed on a stand (as it is now), and it still doesn’t need much room or a large stand. It sits on a tiny stand because it is so lightweight.

Generally I really like this TV, and that is why I didn’t sell it when I got the 3D TV. It looks stunning, it has most of the modern high-tech features, it has awesome picture and sound quality and it is well priced. This TV comes with a recommendation for me, and I would suggest that anyone looking for a cheap LCD TV give this a shot.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1622021429000228/k2311a0222/2.22.11