Jolen Hair Bleach
  • I bought a tub of Jolen Bleach some time back from Boots in order to bleach my hair
  • I didn't think the mild version would work as well, so I decided to buy the standard version instead
  • I figured that the 125ml kit was more cost effective, and that was what I ended up buying
  • The instructions are written on a slip of paper in the package, but I think it would would be much better if the instructions were printed on the box instead
  • I was very happy with the results and would recommend it to anyone looking to bleach their hair

• by tolstoy

I bought a tub of Jolen Bleach some time back from Boots in order to bleach my hair. It is available as a standard or a mild formula. I didn’t think the mild version would work as well, so I decided to buy the standard version instead.

The product comes in a 30ml kit that costs £4.39 or a 125ml kit that costs £9.99. I figured that the 125ml kit was more cost effective, and that was what I ended up buying. Technically, it works out to around half the cost of the 30ml kit. The bleach is packaged in an unremarkable box. It has no pictures or any fancy writing even any facts on it. It just had the brand name, a description of what it does, its ingredients and the country where it is made in (Switzerland) The box is recyclable, so it is environmentally friendly.

The package contained two

pots containing creme bleach and powder accelerator, a spatula, a mixing card and the instructions. I can’t recall what the ratio for the mixture was; it was around 1 part powder to 2 parts creme to mix. This is found in the instruction manual in the package. The instructions are written on a slip of paper in the package, but I think it would would be much better if the instructions were printed on the box instead. This is because I found it very easy to lose the slip.

Mixing everything up was a bit of a problem especially if you were mixing large quantities for use on larger areas. The piece of card provided for mixing was very small for such use. However, though, the ingredients mixed well and it did not take me very long to get it well mixed. To apply the bleach, you are supposed to spread it ...

• on. I usually rub it in a bit to to ensure that it gets to the roots of the hair I’m bleaching. It is recommended to leave it to set for 10 minutes, after which you check if it has worked and if not, you leave as needed. I have stubborn hair, so it usually takes me around 15 to 20 minutes to get the job done, but hair on my head takes at least twice as long. This product works very well for me, and it did not cause me any sensitivity issues whatsoever

The product leaves my hair paler and also a bit softer. Unlike other bleaching agents, it doesn’t leave my hair with an orange tinge, and it lasts as long as it takes your hair to grow. For me, it takes around two months before I have to reapply the bleach.

The smell of this product is not as

bad as I had expected it to be. It is a bleach and inherently smells bad, but it could be much worse, and I find it’s smell easy to live with. After mixing I find that it is very easy to use. It spreads very easily and comes off well just as easily. It does exactly what it says on the box, which is more than I can say for most other cosmetics out there. From my usage habits, I estimate that the box will last me well over a year, but it is recommended that the bleach is discarded a year after first opening it.

Generally, I think this product is worth the money. It lasts a long time and as long as you follow the instructions, it has no problems at all. I was very happy with the results and would recommend it to anyone looking to bleach their hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021428990228/k2311a0222/2.22.11