John Frieda Precision Foam Extra Light Bege Blonde Hair Dye  » Cosmetics  »
  • I once saw this product being advertised and I decided to give it a shot
  • One thing I found to be unusual about it is that it requires no shaking
  • Unless you have hair that is really, one box gets the job done without any problem After using this dye, my hair and roots are perfect
  • This dye costs £10 and though this seems like a bit too much, I guarantee that it does a fantastic job and is well worth it
  • I would recommend anyone to give this a try, and I'm sure they will like it a lot

• by tolstoy

I once saw this product being advertised and I decided to give it a shot. The color I got was 10B; Extra Light Beige Blonde, and that is what my review is going to be based on. There is a wide range of colors in the range, though, but that largely depends on where you shop.

The product was packaged in a simple, elegant box, with the unusual instructions and bottles. One thing I found to be unusual about it is that it requires no shaking; all you have to do is tip one bottle into the other and tilt. This is repeated five times.

I used this product to color my hair roots and re-boost my blonde hair color, which is naturally a darkish blonde. The first time I used it, I made a few mistakes: the instructions tell you

to use a tennis-ball-sized blob of foam for the hair roots. I was worried if there was going to be enough dye so I ended up using far too little, and as a result my results were not very good. I later got to find out that it makes tons of foam, so don’t be scared to be generous with it.

When it was on my hair, it felt a bit weird. The bubbles felt tingly, but it was not unpleasant. It also didn’t have a bad smell. I have used several dyes in the past and I have found that most of them smell overly nice. This, however, isn’t that bad and its smell perfectly ignorable. It gives good coverage to the hair: my hair falls to around the lower border of my shoulder blades and even with this much ...

• hair, a single box is usually enough. Unless you have hair that is really, one box gets the job done without any problem

After using this dye, my hair and roots are perfect; they were the exact shade I had wanted them to be. It is recommended that you let it set for 10 mins for roots and 10 minutes for the rest of the hair. However, if have thick or gray hair, it is recommended that you let it set for an extra 10 minutes. My hair is not gray or thick, but it is very resistant normally it takes longer for colors to take. I let this dye set for 15 minutes and my roots were perfect. I hadn’t expected it to work this fast, so don’t assume that it will work slowly like most other dyes.

I had

the dye on for 3 weeks the color never faded at all, which more than I can say for most other dyes I’ve used. The manufacturer claims that it will stay on for up to six weeks, but I have not had a chance to test it. However, thus far I can say that it does a very good job.

This dye costs £10 and though this seems like a bit too much, I guarantee that it does a fantastic job and is well worth it. I would recommend anyone to give this a try, and I’m sure they will like it a lot. The John Frieda website has a utility that is useful for picking shades that could work well with different types of hair, so those unsure about the shades they can use should give it a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021428980228/k2311a0222/2.22.11