Blue Diamond Sandwich Steaks  » Food  »
3.3
  • We all know how expensive Steak Umms and Quaker Maid are, well I found a really good product, and it's called Blue Diamond Sandwich Steaks
  • I know it might sound odd, but I really like Sandwich steaks

• by Bonny
      We all know how expensive Steak Umms and Quaker Maid are, well I found a really good product, and it’s called Blue Diamond Sandwich Steaks. They are 100% all beef. The Sandwich Steaks come in a 12OZ box, which is 6 steaks.

These steaks are just as good as Steak Umms, and much cheaper. I pay $1.

99 for the 12 OZ box. I found them at Save A lot store.

There is only 180 calories

in a 2oz serving. Sandwich steaks are so versitile! There is so much you can do with them!, and kids love them, just ask my 3 grankids.

You can fry them or microwave them. Sometimes I even cook them in my George Forman Grill.

The Sandwich Steaks are good for a meal or a snack. You can even have them for breakfast with eggs and toast.

besides the usual Philly cheesesteak sandwich, you can make ...

• pizza steak, fried egg, cheese & steak on toasted bread sandwich, wheat bread is really good, or how about ,steak, tomato & lettuce sandwich? I also make steak wraps, which are really tasty. If you have a sandwich maker, steak and some mozzerela cheese and a bit of tomato sauce, oh so yummy! I can’t even think of all the things I make with Sandwich Steaks at the moment.

I just like to use my

imagination. I know it might sound odd, but I really like Sandwich steaks.

Sometimes I just cook them in the microwave, with a little cheese, just plain lol. My grandkids love them.

They are always asking me to make them. Which is a good thing, because someday’s I don’t feel like cooking a big meal.

So if you are looking for a quick meal or snack, just pick up a few boxes, and keep them on hand!

hank says :

This meat tastes like undercooked greasy hamburger,it is gross,after the first taste I added grilled onions, Mozilla cheese and A1 steak sauce,it was still bad.
    Don’t buy this

dave says :

Same thing here. I bought these because they were much cheaper than Steakums. There was nothing funky on the ingredient list. So I figured “How bad could they possibly be?” I was wrong.

Even though I patted them down, all I could taste was grease. No seasoning, no meat taste and they had a weird texture. I spent hours making sub rolls, only to find out the steak I bought was garbage. I was going to throw the rest away. Maybe I will give them to my friend’s dog

Another Save a Lot purchase. They put up a store near me recently. I am quickly learning to avoid any of their off brand items. My days of going there at all are very numbered. Very ghetto place with poor quality suppliers.

foodie says :

Try frying in a pan add a teaspoon of olive oil then the onions and peppers, after meat is cooked at a drop of worcestershire sauce then add you cheese then tasted bread flip and place the other bread on top let the bread crisp up then flip and crisp the other side cut diagonal and enjoy

Joanna says :

I had the same problem and I just took them back to the store. I found the “sell by” date on the underside of the box, but the date was still well within that period. I never did learn why the product was brown and made us sick, but I have never purchased the product again.

Galega says :

The product has gotten contaminated even if it is still under the “sell by” date. It is possible that the packing might have got torn somewhere. Or, something might have happened during the transportation. I don’t think that it can get contaminated during the processing and packaging phase.

Clare Bloch says :

TO QUOTE SOME OF THE REVIEWS, THIS IS GREASY GARBAGE. WILL RETURN TO STORE. ONE COMPLAINT IS THE PICTURE ON THE BOX. THE NAME SHOULD NOT BE SANDWICH STEAKS, SHOULD BE STEAK FOR SANDWICH. THE PICTURE ON THE BOX SHOWS A HUGE SUB ROLL, WAS SHOCKED TO FIND NO BREAD IN THIS PRODUCT. ANOTHER PICTURES FALSE HOOD IS THE ACTUAL PICTURE OF THE MEAT, WHICH LOOKS GOOD, BUT THE PACKAGE MEAT LOOKS LIKE FLATTENED DOG POOP.THE BOX INSTRUCTIONS SAYS TO MAIL IT TO YOU WITH CODE AT END OF PACKAGE. NO CODE FOUND, ONLY DATE OF BEST USED BY WHICH IS 1/16/20.I CANT BELIEVE YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO EAT SUCH A PRODUCT.IF YOU WOULD PUT A REAL PICTURE OF WHAT THE PRODUCT LOOKS LIKE, NO ONE WOULD BUY IT. AS FOR SAVE ALOT, I HAVE FOUND THE SAME AS SOME REVIEWS, OFF BRANDS USUALLY ARE NOT GOOD, WILL STAY AWAY FOR ALOT OF THINGS INCLUDING THIS “SANDWICH STEAKS”

quick note by anonymous :

Theses sandwich steaks are pure brine a heart attack waiting to happen

Mary Keenan says :

I bought one of your boxes of sandwich steaks. When I went to cook them they were already brown instead of the normal pink. I’m just complaining because my husband accidentally ate one the day before and got sick overnight. I just purchased them three days ago and couldn’t find an expiration date. Should I take them back to the store for a refund or send them back to you.

Galega says :

Expiry Date or Sell By date is printed at the bottom of the pack. It is provided along with other info, like date of packing and Batch Number. First thing you need to do is to check the date. IF it is still under expiry date, then visit the shop and make a complain. It is also possible that the pack has gotten torn somewhere which has resulted in this condition of the steaks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273103142880931/k2311a0331/3.31.07