Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I first used it, I thought that there was something wrong with the product because it would not lather
  • But soon I learned that it unique texture and scent is due to the fact that it is a cleanser that does not contain soap, which makes it gentle for all skin types

• by notebooker

I am very fickle when it comes to beauty products. I almost always think that there are better ones out there than the ones that I am using, or that my needs change over time so the products that I use also need to. So when I stick to a product for as long as I have with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (read: twelve years and counting) you know that I’m seriously hooked.

Before I discovered this product, I used facial washes and soaps bought from the drug store to combat my oily and acne-prone skin. I tried medicated solutions, ones with pore-cleaning beads,

ones made for babies, and organic-based ones. However, nothing seemed to really work, and the worst ones even gave me ugly rashes and breakouts.

I was almost ready to accept that this is my fate, being one with sensitive skin, when my dermatologist recommended Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to me.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is like nothing I’ve used before. When I first used it, I thought that there was something wrong with the product because it would not lather. It also had a smell that was unlike other soaps whose fragrances resemble flowers or mint. But soon I learned that it unique texture and ...

• scent is due to the fact that it is a cleanser that does not contain soap, which makes it gentle for all skin types. Because of this, it’s also non-comedogenic, which means that it will not clog pores, like other facial washes do. It’s literally as basic as a cleanser can get. Of course, the same qualities may be turn-offs for some people who do want their facial cleanser to smell like roses like I used to before, but I have really gotten used to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser that it does not bother me anymore.

Just after the first wash, I knew that

it was the product for me. It made my skin feel soft, supple, and well-moisturized. Yet despite this, it did not make my skin oily afterwards. Using it on your face feels like how using hand lotion does for your hands. It soothes you and makes you feel pampered.

Of course, if one were to judge it based on its packaging, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser does not look like a very appealing product. Its packaging is free of fancy graphics that would make it stand out in your drugstore shelf. But perhaps this only reiterates that products don’t always have to be fancy to be effective.

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021428760228/k2311a0222/2.22.11