Sebastian Potion 9 Leave in Hair treatment 16.9 oz  » Health  »
  • I regret this now, because it turned out to be one of the best
  • For some reason she always used different ones for my hair, and although I remember her talking about what a good product it was, when I mentioned my thinning hair was a huge issue to me, she moved on to products that were more specific for adding volume to thin hair, or supporting scalp health to regrow hair
  • I decided to try the Potion 9, and I got a good discount price when I was there at Ulta because of a promotion they were having
  • I would highly recommend this product as a general all in one styling aid and conditioner

• by reviewabit

My hairdresser has recommended a lot of different salon products over the years, and there is one that I waited many years to actually try. I regret this now, because it turned out to be one of the best. Sebastian’s potion 9 has been around for as long as I have been using salons regularly, and I have seen it on the hairdresser’s table of products that she uses. For some reason she always used different ones for my hair, and although I remember her talking about what a good product it was, when I mentioned my thinning hair was a huge issue to me, she moved on to products that were more specific for adding volume to thin hair, or supporting scalp health to regrow hair.

One day, I was kind of bored and I went looking

around in an Ulta store, where they sell a variety of salon products. For some reason I cannot really remember, I picked up a bottle of the Sebastian potion 9 and started reading it. I put a little on my finger to feel the texture.

It actually reminded me of the feel of some of my volumizing products, but it was lacking the stickiness of some hold products– yet it was billed as being able to provide both benefits, plus conditioning hair in the process. I wondered if leaving it in as directed would cause a build up of it in my hair, but if it did, it would be only one of many products I was already using that did the same. I decided to try the Potion 9, and I got a good discount price when ...

• I was there at Ulta because of a promotion they were having.

The product has a pleasant fragrance. I applied it to my hair while damp, and I neglected to use any other type of conditioners when washing it because I did not know if it would over-condition to use both products. I was right to skip the rinse out conditioner.

This potion 9 was all that was needed. I proceeded to blow dry my hair, and it came out silky and full of volume and shine. I used hot rollers on it that day, and the hold was every bit as good as the mousse I had been using, and with the added volume boost and shine, it was the perfect all in one treatment for the style I chose that day.

The

next time I shampooed, I decided to try it with a flat iron. I applied it on my damp hair and dried it as before. With the flat iron, I have to admit I liked the result from the other silicone based conditioners for that particular look.

It just didn’t have the sleekness I needed for the ends. The Sebastian gave more of a “fluffy” look to my hair. I still use it on days when I plan on rolling or having a fluffy, voluminous look.

It is also helpful if I want to to just flat iron the ends, to use the potion 9 just on top of my hair where I need more volume. I would highly recommend this product as a general all in one styling aid and conditioner. It does a great job– not perfect for every style, but close!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421021428570228/k2311a0221/2.21.11