Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shave Gel 9 oz  » Health  »
  • I love the nice fresh tingle it gives your scalp
  • Since I had just bought some of the Paul Mitchell shampoo in the fragrance, I decided to get the shave gel to match
  • After trying several unscented products in an attempt to find an answer to the bumpy ingrown hair problem, I decided that a product which contained tea tree might be helpful, since tea tree has antiseptic properties and is often used to treat skin disorders of varying kinds
  • When using this gel, I definitely have fewer ingrown hairs
  • I would highly recommend this as a shave gel for either men or women, as the fragrance could be suitable for either, and I think both men and women will appreciate the nice rich foam and close shave

• by reviewabit

I have always loved the smell of tea tree oil, and Paul Mitchell’s line of tea tree hair care products has always been a favorite. I love the nice fresh tingle it gives your scalp. Since I had just bought some of the Paul Mitchell shampoo in the fragrance, I decided to get the shave gel to match.

It comes in the nice green packaging that matches the other products so it looks really good on my shower caddy next to its siblings. I did not buy it on a whim though– I expect high quality from Paul Mitchell products, and it lived up to my expectations.

I was very pleased with the product– not just for its smell, but the performance of the gel. It does smell fantastic,

as all of their tea tree line does.

The gel lathers up into a rich, aromatic foam, and when you stroke your razor across it, it gives a very close yet comfortable shave. The tea tree ingredients, coupled with the fact that you are slightly irritating the skin by shaving it, make your legs tingle after you rinse it off.

In the summer time, this is a huge bonus because it leaves you feeling so cool and clean. I have problems with ingrown hairs after shaving, especially in the summer months, and this cream seems to prevent a lot of that.

After trying several unscented products in an attempt to find an answer to the bumpy ingrown hair problem, I decided that a product which contained tea ...

• tree might be helpful, since tea tree has antiseptic properties and is often used to treat skin disorders of varying kinds. When using this gel, I definitely have fewer ingrown hairs.

Since it is summer, there will always be a few, because I have to wear heavy sun block products if I want to go outside, and those can sometimes interact with sweat and cause the pimples. I do think the tea tree shave gel, as long as I do not use heavy products after shaving, tends to correct the imbalance that causes the breakouts.

It’s also nice to have my shave gel fragrance match my hair products. I feel clean and cool all over when I use the whole set, and often I get compliments on how I

smell even though the only thing I am wearing is the remnant fragrance from my shower.

Since it is rather expensive compared to some more common brands, I tend to use the gel mostly in the summer and use other brands in winter. I would highly recommend this as a shave gel for either men or women, as the fragrance could be suitable for either, and I think both men and women will appreciate the nice rich foam and close shave.

It is great for dry, oily or combination skin. If you have very sensitive skin, you might want to be careful in using it at first, because of the menthol-like effect of the tea tree oil, especially on skin that is being shaved, which can predispose it to being more sensitive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421021428440228/k2311a0221/2.21.11