Clairol Nice ‘n Easy Perfect 10 Hair Color Medium Golden Brown  » Health  »
2.5
  • When this product came on the market, I was already a loyal Loreal customer, but the ads and information on this product were so interesting that I just had to give it a try
  • I bought a medium golden brown, impressed with the look of the color on the box
  • I decided since it was only about six more minutes, I would wait it out
  • I thought maybe the hair color had dried out my scalp or something, although this did not usually happen
  • I don’t know if other people have the same problem with the product, but obviously I will not be using it again

• by reviewabit

When this product came on the market, I was already a loyal Loreal customer, but the ads and information on this product were so interesting that I just had to give it a try. It supposedly won lots of awards, is very true to the colors given on the box, doesn’t have that ammonia stink, and only takes ten minutes to get full coverage of grey that will last two months. What’s not to love?

The price was comparable to other leading hair color products, and Clairol is certainly no newcomer to the business of hair care. I bought a medium golden brown, impressed with the look of the color on the box.

I was excited about using this new and unique formula. When I first put the product on, I was impressed with the color comb applicator, which made

it very easy to get all my scalp and hair covered well. It smelled less strong than most other hair colors I had used, even the ammonia free ones.

It had a masking floral scent to it. I set the kitchen timer for ten minutes and waited. After about two minutes had passed, my head started to burn.

I sometimes get that with ammonia products, but generally don’t with non-ammonia ones. I was a little confused as to what I should do. I worried it might be an allergic reaction, although I had done a patch test on my arm and it was fine.

I decided since it was only about six more minutes, I would wait it out. It continued to burn and even the backs of my earlobes were itching and burning. It was a huge relief ...

• to finally rinse it out of my hair.

I used the enclosed conditioner, which made it feel like hair again– and it seemed to soothe some of the burning in my scalp. I rinsed for a very, very long time to be sure I got it all out. After I dried my hair, it looks great– shiny, grey fully covered, voluminous, it was in good shape considering chemical exposure had just taken place.

I still had some itching on my ear lobes so I put some moisturizing cream on them, and went to bed. The next day, I gave my hair a rest from styling and shampooing. The day after, I washed it.

Soon after drying it and using my usual styling products, my scalp started to itch like mad. I thought maybe the hair color had dried out my scalp or

something, although this did not usually happen. Later in the day, I felt the back of my hair and found two small pimples in my scalp.

The surrounding area itched. This chronic, random itching and pimple forming went on for about a week after the hair color was applied. I had never had this happen with any other brand.

I asked my hairdresser about it, and after giving me the “you should have had it done here” speech, she said that although it did not sound like an allergic reaction, there must have been something in it that I was sensitive to. I don’t know if other people have the same problem with the product, but obviously I will not be using it again. It’s a shame really, because my hair really looked great– but it was not very friendly to my scalp.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421021428410228/k2311a0221/2.21.11