Tru-Rite Sketchbook  » Other  »
  • Tru-Rite Sketchbook is a drawing book that I found at Staples while searching for art supplies
  • The tru-rite sketchbook is a spiral sketchbook which I like because I'm securing in knowing that my pages will be safe for the time being
  • Other than that, I think tru-rite sketchbook is a great product for all artists

• by C.Channing

Tru-Rite Sketchbook is a drawing book that I found at Staples while searching for art supplies. There were other sketchbooks that I was interested in; however, none of them compared to the price point offered by Tru-rite sketchbook: $3.99. I ended up buying five because the price was to good to pass up.

The tru-rite sketchbook is a spiral sketchbook which I like because I’m securing in knowing that my pages will be safe for the time being. I also like that the spiral on the sketchbook is located at the

top because it makes it easier to draw on, and I don’t have to worry about the spiral touching my wrist when I’m drawing like it would if it were located on the side.

There are a total of thirty white pages that comes in the sketchbook which isn’t bad for the price point; however, I was hoping that it would have at least fifty pages. But the fact that I purchased five books really helped in that department because I found myself going through them rather quickly.

The white pages in ...

• the tru-rite sketchbook really does great with colored pencils, charcoal pencils, and markers; however, with heavy markers such as Sharpie a minor bleed is bound to occur. It’s not bad if you’re not holding down the pen on the sheet which will make the bleed that much worse. Other than that, I have been able to draw on the paper without any real problems or bleeds.

Overall, the tru-rite sketchbook is a great investment if you are new to art or drawing, and you’re looking to stay in a specific price

point. The tru-rite sketchbook is four dollars which isn’t bad because it comes with thirty pages for you to draw on, and the spiral is on the top which gives you freedom to really draw without worrying about the spiral getting in the way of your arm or wrist. The pages holds up pretty well against various types of drawing tools; however, you have to be careful with heavy markers because they tend to bleed through a little. Other than that, I think tru-rite sketchbook is a great product for all artists.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1221021428270128/k2311a0221/2.21.11