Remington Wet 2 Straight Ceramic Flat Iron
  • As soon as it was home I decided to try it out and see how it worked on dry hair

• by Tiffany

For as long as I can remember, my hair has been nearly impossible to do anything with. It doesn’t hold curls, it frizzes to ridiculous heights, and it takes hours upon hours to straighten. That last part isn’t true any more though, thanks to the Remington Wet 2 Straight ceramic flat iron. I am so in love with this straightener!

After my last straightener died a valiant death fighting my incredibly thick and wiry frizz, I picked up the

Remington straightener at Wal-Mart and figured it would last a month or two against my hair. For the twenty-ish dollar price, that’s really all you can expect. As soon as it was home I decided to try it out and see how it worked on dry hair. With the heat cranked up it glided through my hair and had it done in about half an hour. It was incredibly easy to adjust heat-wise, and didn’t catch like some ...

• lower end straighteners do. Another great feature was the “ready” beep, which lets you know when the iron is at temperature, and getting there doesn’t take more than a minute or two even at the highest setting!

On wet hair, the ceramic iron didn’t fare quite so well. The steam vents let out billowing clouds of haze, but my hair never got entirely dry while using it. I still had frizz problems, and found the whole process to be

way too irritating for the drastically lower quality results. Still, for slightly damp hair it worked fine.

A year after purchasing this straightening iron, I am still using it regularly without it showing signs of wear or diminishing in quality. My hair comes out silky smooth and straight in record time, and I’m glad to let any of my friends try it out before running to grab one of their own! It’s a great product, even for the worst hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121021428110128/k2311a0221/2.21.11