Whiskas Purrfectly Chicken Entrees Wet Cat Food
1.5
  • I bought the variety box, which came with twelve plastic pouches of food
  • The top of the pouch states “tear here” but I found if you do that it makes a big mess and juice goes everywhere, even if you are holding the pouch upright
  • I think they disliked certain ingredients in the food, probably the soy

• by bookwyrm

I tried these three chicken entrees on my two cats. I bought the variety box, which came with twelve plastic pouches of food. The varieties include: Chicken, Chicken & Beef plus Chicken & Duck. Out of the three flavors, my cats preferred the Chicken & Duck one with the Chicken & Beef coming in second. These are OK but not exactly a healthy cat food, as they contain soy, wheat gluten and stuff like that – but then it is real meat and not the meat by-products. But serving

these pouches to my cats told me they liked food that came in chunks and that was good to know. The food has a very rich, meaty scent.

These pouches contain chunks of real meat in juices. The top of the pouch states “tear here” but I found if you do that it makes a big mess and juice goes everywhere, even if you are holding the pouch upright. Be smart and use scissors to cut the top off. Then use a spoon or fork to dig out all of ...

• the pieces and to get as much of the juice out as you can. A good amount of meat and juice will come out of each pouch.

How well did my cats eat these? The first few pouches they ate very well but then they grew tired of it, even before the box was empty (the box came with twelve pouches). I served this along with the other Whiskas food, Whiskas in Meaty Juices, so these pouches were not their only food. Yet they tired of it very quickly.

I think they disliked certain ingredients in the food, probably the soy. Soy seems to be everywhere these days! It also has BHA/BHT in there, which is very bad!

Money wise, it is better to buy the box than individual pouches. My supermarket carries the box of twelve pouches for near $5 while some other stores sell individual pouches for $0.60 each, which is much more expensive.

I rate these a “3” as my cats did eat it but grew tired of it very quickly and then wouldn’t touch the stuff at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2921021428080128/k2311a0221/2.21.11