Whiskas in Meaty Juices Wet Cat Food
2.0
  • There are only a few flavors and the ones my cats liked the best was the “Roasted Turkey Flavor”
  • I believe this product is better than its cousin, the Whiskas Perfectly Chicken / Perfectly Fish entrees
  • I found it sometimes hard to pull the aluminum foil off the top of the plastic tray, as it is glued on very well (one has to wonder if any of the glue gets into the food

• by bookwyrm

This is another cat food I tried on my cats. The food comes in a little white plastic tray and there is a tough piece of aluminum foil on top. They are sold individually just like cans of cat food and weigh 3.5 ounces. There are only a few flavors and the ones my cats liked the best was the “Roasted Turkey Flavor”. It is very similar to Fancy Feast and cats who like that will probably like this. It is made with the meat by-products and the poultry by-products, so not the best quality but typical of supermarket cat food.

I believe this product is better than its cousin, the Whiskas Perfectly Chicken / Perfectly Fish entrees. This one may be made with by-products, but it’s free of soy, wheat gluten and the nasty chemical preservative BHA/BHT that the other two products have. So between the two, I would chose this one.

I found it sometimes hard to pull the aluminum foil off the top of the plastic tray, as it is glued on very well (one has to wonder if any of the glue gets into the food?) and sometimes I had juice splash onto my hands when it finally opened.

• The food inside is in a solid hunk and there is usually a little juice or thick gravy around the edges. It apparently has a smell and taste that cats like, as both of mine seemed to eat this stuff pretty well at first. You can either plop it out in one solid hunk onto your cat’s plate (tip the try upside-down and it will just fall out) or use a fork to slice it into pieces. I also found it easy to take some out and then add a small amount of water to the tray to make more juice.

My

cats grew tired of this product in about three weeks. They hated the Chicken variety right off the bat and that left only the Salmon one. My supermarket only carries three flavors and I did find a fourth flavor at Wal-Mart (crab) but by then they were sick and tired of eating turkey, turkey, turkey! Unless your cat likes eating the same varieties all of the time, they will grow tired of the limited variety as mine did.

I rate this product a “4” for the limited number of flavors available, as my two cats grew tired of it in less than a month.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2921021428070128/k2311a0221/2.21.11