Spots Stew Canned Cat Food  » Pets  »
0.5
  • This is another brand of canned cat food I bought from my local health food store

• by bookwyrm

This is another brand of canned cat food I bought from my local health food store. At the first glance, it looks like a very healthy cat food but in actually trying to feed it to my two cats I realized another important thing about it: This food contains too many healthy vegetables and not enough meat! Cats are carnivores and thus they need meat. And while types of meat are the first two or three ingredients in both cans

I tried, the meat is just overpowered by a long list of vegetables. That results in a soft, paste like food that my cats rejected.

For example, the Turkey flavor has ten different vegetables plus kelp (is kelp considered a vegetable??) and flaxseed meal. The Salmon one also has the ten different vegetables plus the kelp and flaxseed meal. The scent was very faint and it really didn’t smell like meat at all. The texture was very similar to baby ...

• food. I realize they add the vegetables to get the vitamins and minerals into the food, but in this case they just added way too many! And if a food does not smell like meat, the cat won’t eat it. Cats are not vegetarians like rabbits. Why couldn’t they have added more meat?

As a cat food, Spot’s Stew by Halo fails miserably. I ended up feeding it to my pet mice (and mice will happily eat vegetables) – but this

is supposed to be cat food. I would expect a cat food company to know what cats like. And out of my two cats, one of my cats is the kind that will almost eat anything and even he wouldn’t touch it, so yes, it must be really bad. My other cat is very fussy but he loves turkey so I gave him that one but he refused to touch the soft gooey stuff.

This food comes in 3.5 ounce cans.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2921021428020128/k2311a0221/2.21.11