The Seance by Heather Graham Book
  • But I found myself really liking the ghost, as he’s a fleshed out character, one that thinks and does things instead of just appearing
  • In fact, I think he was the most memorable character in this book
  • I did try to guess who the killer was (as it’s one of the things I enjoy doing with these books) but I got this one wrong, very wrong

• by bookwyrm

I really liked this book! The thing I liked the most about it was the conversations that the main character, Christina, was having with the ghost that decided to haunt her thanks to her playing with an Ouija board. At first she was really scared, freaking out about it, but then she realized that he was real and just accepted the ghost’s presence. The ghost even made her coffee! How often does that happen? So yes,

this is a really fun book to read and there’s a little humor in it as well. But I found myself really liking the ghost, as he’s a fleshed out character, one that thinks and does things instead of just appearing. In fact, I think he was the most memorable character in this book. It was a bit sad when he went away at the end…

Of course, this book is about a serial killer, the “Interstate ...

• Killer”, who leaves bodies along the highways. I did try to guess who the killer was (as it’s one of the things I enjoy doing with these books) but I got this one wrong, very wrong. The real identity of the killer actually shocked me, as it was the last thing I suspected! I think the author was very clever indeed for picking this type of killer. If you like surprises, then you should like this
        one.

The plot is very well written, so well that there are many suspects. There is also lots of suspense, although a lot of the suspense involving Christina involves her fear of the ghost in her house. Still, she is in mortal danger at the end and the ending is a real whopper! I don’t want to say too much as that will ruin the surprise but this is one of my favorite books by Heather Graham.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1721021428010128/k2311a0221/2.21.11