The Presence by Heather Graham Book
  • I really enjoyed the back story within this novel, the story of the original Laird MacNiall and his beautiful wife
  • I thought that was pretty clever, how the past and the present were intermingled in the novel

• by bookwyrm

This was a fun to read paranormal romance set inside a haunted castle in Scotland. While the story was not scary, it was very entertaining and intriguing. I read the entire story in less than a day as I was really hooked on this excellent ghost story. There is also a serial killer on the loose murdering woman and dumping their bodies in the woods next to the castle. The main female character, Toni, is also

in love with the castle’s laird and of course the ghost she keeps seeing looks just like him! This creates confusion as you can imagine.

The pages of this book contain a great murder mystery and I had loads of fun trying to guess which character was the killer. Of course, Toni had a lot of friends with her at the castle and that made it a wee bit harder to guess. I never did guess ...

• this one: the killer ended up being someone I never expected! Although in retrospect it does make sense… It just seemed some of the characters had secrets to hide and that makes weeding out the real killer a lot harder.

I really enjoyed the back story within this novel, the story of the original Laird MacNiall and his beautiful wife. And I also liked that as the novel progressed we would learn more about the Laird and

his wife, what had happened to them. I thought that was pretty clever, how the past and the present were intermingled in the novel. And thanks to the roaming ghost, the past was very much alive. The ghost, however, was helpful instead of vengeful and that was a nice touch.

There are some great descriptions in this book, too. Like the creepy paths down to the tombs. And the dark woods Toni gets lost inside of.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1721021427950128/k2311a0221/2.21.11