The Dead Room by Heather Graham Book
  • I found this one just as interesting as the others and read it in one sitting
  • Several of them want something so they can move on and Leslie helps them the best she can
  • I also enjoyed learning how New York is a city atop of a city

• by bookwyrm

This is another suspenseful tale by my new favorite author. I found this one just as interesting as the others and read it in one sitting. I tell you, I am hooked on her books! This particular tale revolves around a historic house in New York and an urban archeologist who digs up old graves. Thing is, someone killed her boyfriend in an explosion and the death is related to missing prostitutes. That may not make sense, but then

the lead female character (Leslie) has the uncanny ability to know exactly where to find graves it starts to make sense. The killer out there is frightened of her strange ability.

Truthfully, I had no clue who the killer was in this book. The story was so fascinating I just kept reading page after page and literally forgot to try and guess the killer’s identity. Well, it turned out to be someone I would never have expected anyway, so…

I really like how Leslie can see ghosts and even have conversations with some of them. Throughout the book she talks to several ghosts from different periods of time. My favorite ghost was the one from Colonial days. Several of them want something so they can move on and Leslie helps them the best she can. She is a kind, helpful person and she doesn’t realize she was the killer’s real target. I also thought it was sad that although she ...

• The Dead Room by Heather Graham Book
      wanted to see the ghost of her dead boyfriend, his was one ghost she could not really see…

This is a true paranormal romance in that the lover in this book is the dead boyfriend (or his ghost if you will). He appears to Leslie in her dreams mostly. He also helps save her life several times, so even dead he is a hero.

I also enjoyed learning how New York is a city atop of a city. There are apparently

countless old tunnels and such under the city and no one knows that they are there. Due to time, they have been lost and forgotten by everyone – everyone except the killer that is. I think that is very interesting… It’s also kind of strange that all of those tunnels can be lost and forgotten or that buildings can be built on top of old underground crypts.

The ending of this story was very tense, with the clock counting down.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1721021427890128/k2311a0221/2.21.11