Cebu Pacific Air, Philippines
Pasay City, Philippines
  • I only wish the airline adds to its destinations Sydney, Melbourne and other parts of Australia

• by Ninrec

Cebu Pacific Air has gone a long way. My first flight in this carrier was in the year 1996 en-route to Cebu City and back to Manila. It was an unfortunate flight. The aircraft to bring us back to Manila met some engine troubles.

We were held up at the airport for over four hours as the spare parts had to be transported to Cebu by the next flight from Manila. I considered the incident part of birth pains in running a very young company. Today, Cebu Pacific is my airline of choice.

I have travelled internationally and locally via this friendly airline. In my recent trip

to Cagayan de Oro, I was in for a surprise. Cebu Pacific crew entertains the passengers with games on board.

One of the games, as I remember, was to name three colors that are in English and start with the letter p. I raised my hand to enumerate the colors pink, purple and peach. As my prize, I got a lovely Cebu Pacific Air black bag.

It is stylish and I can use it in the malls. Although the food in the aircraft is not free, I have nothing against it. Local destinations are just short flights and I can just eat at the restaurants at the ...

• airport before my flights.

My airline of choice is always on schedule, sometimes, even ahead of schedule. Last March 2010, my daughter and I treated my brother and sister-in-law to a trip to Coron, Palawan. We arrived at our destination ten minutes ahead of expected arrival.

On our flight back home, some passengers booked at another airline were so angry at the check-in-counter when they read the notice that their flight back to Manila would be delayed. Their flight was one hour ahead of ours. True to its commitment to service excellence, our aircraft carrier arrived on time and we were on our way back to Manila

leaving the angry and disgruntled passengers of the other airline.

My recent Singapore tour via Cebu Pacific is also a very pleasant one. The flight attendants are very friendly and helpful. Although my Hongkong trip this January 2011 is cancelled due to circumstances beyond my control, my refund is parked in the ariline’s Travel Fund.

My daughter called the airline to have me use my travel fund to Legaspi City in the coming month. My family is booked for a trip to Hongkong later this year. People employed by the airlines are so polite and very accommodating.

I only wish the airline adds to its destinations Sydney, Melbourne and other parts of Australia.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4021021427880128/k2311a0221/2.21.11