Smart and Simple Bath Tissue  » Housewares  »
  • I like buying the Smart and Simple Bath Tissue from my local Dollar General as it is the best value around
  • I figured out the “cost per roll” and this one still came out as being the lowest price
  • I always buy several packages at once while I’m at the store as I love stocking up

• by bookwyrm

I like buying the Smart and Simple Bath Tissue from my local Dollar General as it is the best value around. With prices going up higher and higher on everything, one might think that it’s impossible to save a few bucks these days, but you can. Buying the name brand is just wasting money, as you end up paying a lot more per roll just for the name. And that is why I buy the generic store brand. A six pack of regular rolls is just one dollar! Now that is a good buy. And yes, it is still cheaper than buying the larger multi-packs of toilet tissue. I figured out the “cost per roll”

and this one still came out as being the lowest price. Years ago I used to pay $8 for the generic (or $12 for the name brand) for a 24-pack of regular toilet tissue rolls – with this brand you can get 24 rolls for just $4! Even with coupons, you can’t beat that price.

I like that Smart & Simple still comes in the Regular Roll, as they fit into my bathroom. Why do all of the name brands make those giant Double Rolls or even Triple Rolls? Do they expect one to remodel their bathrooms just so the bigger rolls will fit? There are a lot of older houses here in my city, most ...

• being over one-hundred years old, and I’m sure most still use the Single Roll. Besides, it just takes a moment to change a roll of toilet tissue, so double rolls are not really necessary.

I also like the size of the six packs, as the small package size fits nicely in the little cabinet where I keep them in the bathroom. That way, fresh rolls are always on hand when you need one. I always buy several packages at once while I’m at the store as I love stocking up. And at the low price it is very economical to do, too.

This toilet tissue is double-ply and works very well. Some rolls have a texture, others

don’t. I guess it may be random? It can be a little hard starting a roll, as the end of the sheet is lightly glued to the roll, but once you tear it free you are good to go. It absorbs moisture nicely and can come in handy for lots of stuff: stopping blood from a cut on a finger, blowing one’s nose (why buy expensive noise tissues?), etc. And the cardboard tube in the center makes a great toy for my pet mice! I even use it to wipe the uneaten smears of cat food off of my cat’s plates before washing them.

There are 176 sheets per roll.

I rate these a full “10”.

Laura says :

re : I like buying the Smart and Simple Bath Tissue from my local Dollar General as it is the best value around
    I have notice a "pink" tint to both Smart and Simple toilet paper and paper towel..the paper towel doesn’t bother me so much, however wiping my hiney with the tissue that turns pink when wet concerns me..is it because its recycled or what?

Shirley J Smith says :

Nothing but awesome when you are on a budget Dollar General is the best place to shop good products low price. Love these stores. I remember going into my 1st Dollar General Store oops I gave it away.

Bh says :

I hate to brake the news to ya but it brakes off in your butt and it gives you towel dangles,Butt rash,and makes your butt bleed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321021427810128/k2311a0221/2.21.11