Great American Cookies Double Doozie  » Food  »
  • However, I stopped and talked to one of their staff members who said lots of people like double doozie which made me think I should try one since I love all their other cookies
  • I think I purchased the double doozie for a dollar and some change, and the girl working behind the counter packaged it in a nice looking box with wax paper--the kind of wax paper that Krispy Kreme offers if you're buying a single doughnut
  • The cookie cost about one dollar and fifty cents which wasn't bad seeing how much cookie and icing you were getting

• by C.Channing

If you have read my previous review of the Great American Cookies’ products, then you will see how it doubles in this review. When I was in the mall where the Great American Cookies are sold, I would always see this sandwich cookie but for whatever reason I always stuck with the single cookies: you stick to what you know when it comes to shopping. However, I stopped and talked to one of their staff members who said lots of people like double doozie which made me think I should try one since I love all their other cookies.

I think I purchased the double doozie for a dollar and some change, and

the girl working behind the counter packaged it in a nice looking box with wax paper–the kind of wax paper that Krispy Kreme offers if you’re buying a single doughnut. It was an M&Ms cookie sandwich which I loved because I love cookies baked with M&Ms. The M&Ms were only on the two cookies and not in the center as I originally hoped for; however, having the M&Ms in the center would have thrown off the clean presentation of the white icing in the center.

The two M&Ms cookie were basked the same way their other cookies are baked: crispy edges with a soft center. I liked how the M&Ms were still one ...

• piece because I was able to have that hard shell and soft chocolate center. The white icing in the center was a pure sugar rush. I didn’t ask what type of icing it was, but it tasted like royal icing which anyone will tell you is probably the sweetest icing there is. Although it was a lot of sugar to handle because they are not shy about their portions, it was actually the perfect cookie sandwich I had had that didn’t include ice-cream in the center. It ended up taking me two days to eat all that double doozie because the sandwich itself is enormous topped with a foot of icing in
        the center.

Overall, tasting the Great American Cookies double doozie was a real doozie. It has their signature perfectly baked cookies on the outside with a rich, white icing in the center. The cookie cost about one dollar and fifty cents which wasn’t bad seeing how much cookie and icing you were getting. The double doozie offers two sweet points: the M&Ms on the outer cookies and the rich icing in the center. This is a really big sandwich so I would caution those that it may take more than one day to eat it, but even so it still tastes good after the day you bought it. It’s a cookie sandwich worth trying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721021427731228/k2311a0221/2.21.11