Feline Holistic Select Duck and Chicken Recipe Canned Cat Food
0.5
  • These cans were priced at $1 each at the pet food store and I bought four, so that is $4 down the drain
  • The stuff has very little smell and I think that may be one of the problems
  • I have noticed that certain textures my cats don’t like

• by bookwyrm

This is another one of the new varieties of canned cat food I have tried on my two cats. The flavor’s name sounds good and the list of ingredients on the can is good, but both of my cats turned up their noses at it. They gave it a few half hearted licks and that was the end. Simply put, they simply didn’t like how it tasted. And what good is a healthy cat food if a cat won’t eat it? It ends up being a waste of money and that is not good. These cans were priced at $1 each at the pet food store and I bought four,

so that is $4 down the drain. Maybe they will like the other varieties slightly better, but I doubt it, as once they dislike one flavor of a brand they generally dislike all flavors of that brand. This food is a pate and solid in the can with no gravy.

The stuff has very little smell and I think that may be one of the problems. Cats generally like strong smelling stuff for some reason. I think it stimulates their appetite. I wish the stuff would have smelled stronger, but it doesn’t. If I hold the can to my nose I can smell it, otherwise I don’t, even with the now ...

• empty can sitting here on my computer desk a few inches from my nose. That is pretty pathetic.

It may also be the odd texture of this food. I have noticed that certain textures my cats don’t like. This canned food was like paste or an uncooked cake batter: thick and gooey. When I used a fork to scoop part of the food out of the can, a lot of it clung to the tines of the fork. The food my cats do like to eat is more solid, stuff that will slice cleanly without sticking to the fork very much. It was light tan in color. I think it

may be so gooey because of the vegetables in the food: potatoes, peas and carrots. If you bake vegetable type bread like zucchini bread, it will often be very moist, so it makes sense that vegetables added to cat food will add a lot of extra moisture and keep it from being more solid.

All in all, this is a bad choice of canned cat food for my cats as they won’t eat it and it is undercooked, too gooey. Due to those factors, I rate this food a “1”. I also question that egg is in the food, as I once think I read that eggs were not good for cats.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2921021427721228/k2311a0221/2.21.11