Before Grain (B.G.) 100% Turkey Canned Cat Food  » Pets  »
0.5
  • I know it’s basically canned turkey that has no vitamins, minerals or any of the nutrients that cats need, but I thought it would serve as a nice healthy “snack”
  • Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case at all

• by bookwyrm

This is another canned cat food I tried on my cats. I know it’s basically canned turkey that has no vitamins, minerals or any of the nutrients that cats need, but I thought it would serve as a nice healthy “snack”. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the case at all. I don’t know what kind of turkey there is in this can, but my cats won’t touch this stuff. And truthfully, it doesn’t look like any turkey I ever ate, either. The color is all wrong. Cooked turkey breast is white and cooked turkey legs is a darker

color … this stuff is a light pink color! I never saw any turkey that was anywhere near that color unless it was raw and canned stuff would not be raw.

And this stuff is very, very soft, too. Turkey meat is usually pretty solid and lean. It’s not soft. Yet this stuff is. I could slice it very easily with a fork to scoop it out of the can. It really reminded me more of a can of tuna than turkey. I suppose it may be finely ground or something, but that does not explain the ...

• odd coloring. Nor do I see any texture on it. If it was ground it would explain the lack of texture…

Anyway, I scooped the stuff out onto a plate and gave it to my cats. They sniffed at it and walked away. Not even a sniff or a nibble – and that’s from cats that really love turkey meat! Each time I cook turkey they get some and they love it, but I have my doubts as to what this stuff really is. It doesn’t look like turkey and I would be very suspicious as to

what this mystery meat really is.

There is also a lot of juice in the cans. Just shake a can and it sounds like you’re shaking a can of soda. You can hear the liquid swooshing around inside. A lot of juice means less “turkey” for your cats. It comes in a 5.5 ounce can, so a lot of liquid means a lot of juice (or water) for your money. There was no gravy in the can I opened, just a lot of almost clear “juice”.

As cat food goes, this is very poor stuff. I rate it a “1”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2921021427691228/k2311a0221/2.21.11