California Chicken Grill  » Restaurants  »
1904 West Pensacola Street, Tallahassee, FL 32304
  • The yellow rice was amazing because it was soft and fluffy the way all rice should be
  • I think I got brain freeze because it was that cold and that good
  • Overall, California Chicken Grill is definitely the place to go when you want great tasting food at affordable prices
  • It's not quick like a burger and fries which I like because it fills you up, and the rice and chicken with sides was a change of pace for someone who frequent places like Taco Bell and McDonalds
  • I was so surprised at how the food tasted like home cooking, and I love how well prepared the food was

• by C.Channing

California Chicken Grill in Tallahassee is a restaurant I discovered through word-of-mouth from other students living in my apartment complex. People would rave about how good and inexpensive their food was that I had no choice but to order from them. I didn’t have a car at the time; therefore, I was fortunate that they had a delivery service in place for people such as myself.

I didn’t have a menu when I placed my order at the time, so I had to go off of what I heard people talk about which was the chicken and rice with vegetables dinner plate. I was given the option of adding sauces to my order

which I chose barbeque, and I opted for macaroni and cheese which was divine. I didn’t want to order a regular soft drink because I had plenty in my own refrigerator; therefore, I ended up order a large strawberry smoothie which totaled under ten dollars. Not bad if I do say so myself.

The dinner plate was your average size plate: something you would get if you were ordering from an Asian take-out place. I had yellow rice and grilled chicken strips which was good because I added my barbeque sauce on top and mixed it together. The macaroni and cheese was to die for because it was equal to homemade macaroni and ...

• cheese, and the vegetables were steamed to perfection.

The yellow rice was amazing because it was soft and fluffy the way all rice should be; the grilled chicken was moist and tender, and I liked the grill marks on the chicken because it added a sort of smoky flavor to the overall taste of the chicken. I loved the steamed vegetables because it reminded me of steamed cabbage, and the strawberry smoothie was thick and freezing cold. I think I got brain freeze because it was that cold and that good. The service on the phone was good because the employee was courteous and offered discounts, and the delivery time was under thirty

minutes which wasn’t bad considering the distance from my apartment to the restaurant.

Overall, California Chicken Grill is definitely the place to go when you want great tasting food at affordable prices. It’s not quick like a burger and fries which I like because it fills you up, and the rice and chicken with sides was a change of pace for someone who frequent places like Taco Bell and McDonalds. I was so surprised at how the food tasted like home cooking, and I love how well prepared the food was: soft rice, cheesy macaroni and cheese, steamed vegetables, and tender and moist chicken. You couldn’t really ask for a better place to eat from.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 721021427631228/k2311a0221/2.21.11