Sony MDR V150 Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • Though they are marked as DJ headphones, I found that they are suitable for any kind of use, not just DJing
  • From the way the headband looks, I think it would take considerable force to snap the headband or remove the earcups from the headband
  • I have tried all sorts of headphones and earphones in the past and I have found that the cheaper ones usually don't last long, so although these cost a lot, they are sure to last you long

• by tolstoy

Recently, I purchased a set of Sony MDR V150 headphones to use with my iPod as I find in-ear earphones very uncomfortable. Though they are marked as DJ headphones, I found that they are suitable for any kind of use, not just DJing. I generally find traditional headphones to be unappealing, but I liked the Sony’s a lot. This is because the earcups are tinier than those for traditional earphones. They fit on the ear instead of covering the whole ear.

I also found them to be very comfortable; the band connecting the two earpieces is not too thick or too thin, and many times I didn’t notice

it when I put it on my head. Also, the band doesn’t flatten hair and never caused a buildup of sweat, which are problems I usually encounter when I use other kinds of headphones. The band is adjustable to increase comfort. The headphone’s cable is two meters long, which gave me a lot of room to move around while leaving it connected to the computer or stereo. I found this especially beneficial when I was exercising in the house. other headphones I have had in the past have had very short cables, meaning that if I had to listen to music while exercising, I would have to attach an MP3 player on my t-shirt which I don’t like doing. Also, anything longer than 2 meters means that there is a risk of tripping over the cable when exercising. The Sony headphones have a soft leather feel, and compared to other headphones I have owned, are much more comfortable and don’t cause as much sweating.

In terms of sound, I find these headphones to strike the perfect balance. They are not too tinny but don’t produce too much bass, which is very hard to come by. The sound quality was very clear and the level of quality was very high. I have yet to come across any ...

• Sony MDR V150 Headphones
      other headphones or earphones that produce quality the way these do. They also do a very good job of drowning out ambient noise.

I also found that the headphones were extremely durable. I usually keep them at the bottom of my bag and pile other things on top of them, and I have dropped them on a number of occasions but they still work perfectly. From the way the headband looks, I think it would take considerable force to snap the headband or remove the earcups from the headband. Over the past several months, mine have been battered a lot and have still survived and I think this

is testament to their build quality.

The headphones cost between £9.99 - £15.99. This sounds like a lot for a pair of headphones but they are well worth it and their quality is guaranteed. I have tried all sorts of headphones and earphones in the past and I have found that the cheaper ones usually don’t last long, so although these cost a lot, they are sure to last you long. In summary, based on their design, durability and quality, I think that the price of these earphones is justifiable and I would recommend them to anyone looking for quality headphones. However, I would advise that you shop around for a good price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621021427061128/k2311a0221/2.21.11