Samsung SyncMaster P2450H Monitor
  • I bought this monitor off Amazon for £240
  • It was amazing, it puts regular definition to shame and I can't see myself reverting to anything less
  • The problem was that most of the DVDs had poor image quality, and on this monitor, I could see any imperfection in the recording
  • However, watching movies recorded in HD on this monitor was just a heavenly experience
  • This is probably one of the best purchases I have ever made

• by tolstoy

I have owned the Samsung SyncMaster P2450H monitor for a few months now. I bought this monitor off Amazon for £240. It was new and had a warranty and I have to say that ever since I got it, I haven’t regretted at all.

It arrived one week after ordering and was very well packaged. The package contained the standard analogue VGA cable, the monitor, its stand and documentation (manual, warranty etc). It also came with the installation CD for its drivers. It was very easy to set up the connections and in less than ten minutes I had connected it and was ready to switch on the computer.

When I finally switched on the computer, I was simply astonished. The monitor had such clarity, and the image quality was fantastic. Keeping in mind that my previous monitor was nearly ten years old, this one simply dazzled me, there’s no other way I can put it. This was the first 1080p high-def screen, and it tempted

me to keep giving it more work in terms of images and movies just to see how good it really was. I didn’t try the VGA cable it came with; I immediately connected it via the HDMI cable. It was amazing, it puts regular definition to shame and I can’t see myself reverting to anything less. I tried watching a few DVD’s with it, and I could instantly tell videos with sub-standard quality. The problem was that most of the DVDs had poor image quality, and on this monitor, I could see any imperfection in the recording. However, watching movies recorded in HD on this monitor was just a heavenly experience.

The monitor apparently has a very fast response time, clocking in at 2 milliseconds. This meant that all media, including games, movies had excellent clarity. I never experienced any blurring at all, as opposed to most other monitors I’ve used in the past. Keep in mind, however, that the specifications of the computer that you ...

• connect this monitor to will also have an impact on image quality. The more High-def and the higher the frame rate of a video you are watching, the higher the specifications you will need.

The monitor had a number of colour profiles to make viewing more enjoyable. The one I found most useful is MagicColour, which enhanced picture characteristics such as colour and contrast using the monitor’s processor. It has a facility for splitting the screen in order to compare picture quality with MagicColour on and off. I find the MagicColour profile produces more lively and crisper images than normal. Apart from MagicColour there are several other colour profiles such as blue, sepia and green but I didn’t find any use for these.

The monitor also gave the option for choosing the response time. It has three graded settings (Normal, faster and fastest). The fastest the monitor can do according to the spec sheet is 2ms, which in my opinion is very fast and would produce

very smooth images.

Another feature of the monitor is MagicBright. What this does is that it displays automatic brightness and contrast settings for text, gaming, internet, movie watching etc. It adjusts the monitor contrast and brightness depending on your needs. I mostly use the Dynamic profile under this, though it’s a bit too bright for reading against a white background.

One other feature that excited me about it was the touch screen buttons on the monitor. They glow bright red and make the whole thing look very stylish. The only problem is that it is very easy to press the wrong button, so it can be a bit frustrating at times. Overall, I was not disappointed by this monitor and I’m sure that anyone else who got one wouldn’t. It is suitable for any use, and the price is very reasonable. I found its size perfect for movies, games and reading and so far I cannot complain. This is probably one of the best purchases I have ever made.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621021427051128/k2311a0221/2.21.11