Advil PM Nighttime Medicine  » Medicine  »
  • Advil PM has never been my choice of nighttime medicine, mostly because I think liquid medicines work best when trying to get yourself to bed and if it is a matter of pain then there are many others that do the same with a lower price tag, but when stuck visiting a family friend who did not have any other options, I was forced to give it a shot due to a severe headache and the inability to get to sleep without some medicinal help
  • Taking a big gulp of water helped this go down fairly easily, and the gelled exterior was definitely helpful, far more so than a standard texture pill
  • Overall this is a decent product, probably not much different from your standard Advil tablet in terms of pain relief, however if you are taking it to be able to fall asleep quicker, you may be disappointed

• by Agoobacha

Advil PM has never been my choice of nighttime medicine, mostly because I think liquid medicines work best when trying to get yourself to bed and if it is a matter of pain then there are many others that do the same with a lower price tag, but when stuck visiting a family friend who did not have any other options, I was forced to give it a shot due to a severe headache and the inability to get to sleep without some medicinal help.

I have a hard time swallowing large pills, so I tend to stay away from gel

caps as they are that much bigger than your average Advil pill, however these were indeed my dreaded gel caps and I was worried about how I would be able to swallow it. The process was quite painless actually because the pill does not taste badly on your tongue as some others do. Taking a big gulp of water helped this go down fairly easily, and the gelled exterior was definitely helpful, far more so than a standard texture pill.

I do not usually resort to medication for every headache and therefore I was able to feel the effects of the ...

• Advil PM fairly soon, about fifteen to twenty minutes after taking the pill. Although it did help my headache, I did not necessarily feel the effects of the PM part of the deal, in fact I had some trouble getting to sleep. I am usually fairly susceptible to such things, and other medications such as Benedryl and Nyquil usually knock me out quickly and consistently, so I was surprised that Advil PM did not work in the same manner, however this is not exactly why I took it so I was not too upset.

Overall this is a decent product, probably

not much different from your standard Advil tablet in terms of pain relief, however if you are taking it to be able to fall asleep quicker, you may be disappointed. I do think that gel tablets are a bit too big, so if you have had trouble swallowing pills in the past it may be a good idea to get regular old ibuprofen as those tablets are very small and easy to get down. I appreciate that the taste on the tongue was not foul because that can sometimes make it that much more difficult to swallow a pill.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2621021426961128/k2311a0221/2.21.11