Tom’s All Natural 24-Hour Protection Deodorant  » Cosmetics  »
  • I do not expect my deodorant to permeate the room with its strong odor, in fact I dislike very strong smells, however I do expect some hint of a pleasant scent from a deodorant, especially one that smells so lovely on the stick
  • The smell is something I could certainly get past, however, if the product was satisfactory otherwise, which this product unfortunately has not been
  • Upon my first use of the product, I was impressed with its smooth, non-sticky finish
  • Because this is a product that claims to be all natural and made with organic ingredients, the cost obviously reflects all these pluses
  • Tom’s is a great company that tries to make their products fairly and with care to the environment, which is something I definitely respect and wish to support

• by Agoobacha

In an attempt to reduce my carbon footprint and support companies that seek to do the same I have recently decided to try out Tom’s all natural deodorant which claims to offer 24-hour protection, free of aluminum or any other harmful substances present in your average drugstore variation of a deodorant.

The product claims a smell of lavender and it certainly does deliver on that. This was the first thing that attracted me to this particular deodorant, it truly smells like fresh cut lavender, with nothing added or amplified. The smell is so natural and attractive; I could not help but be impressed. The downside to that natural quality is the smell

is hardly detectable when it comes in contact with skin. I do not expect my deodorant to permeate the room with its strong odor, in fact I dislike very strong smells, however I do expect some hint of a pleasant scent from a deodorant, especially one that smells so lovely on the stick.

The smell is something I could certainly get past, however, if the product was satisfactory otherwise, which this product unfortunately has not been. Upon my first use of the product, I was impressed with its smooth, non-sticky finish. It felt like the deodorant was simply absorbed into my skin, which I initially took to be a good sign.

After ...

• using it several times on days when I really needed some extra protection, I began noticing that a slight body odor did eventually surface, despite generous applications of the deodorant. It seems that the feeling of disappearing could be attributed to the fact that Tom’s deodorant did seem to simply disappear, shortly after being applied. I experimented and substituted my usual deodorant that did have all the harmful additives in it, and was dismayed to discover that in similar situations the standard deodorant was the more successful product and helped me stay odor free.

obviously reflects all these pluses. Tom’s is one of the most expensive deodorants on the market, which made its failure all the more upsetting.

I am really disappointed in Tom’s All Natural Deodorant because I really wanted to like it. Tom’s is a great company that tries to make their products fairly and with care to the environment, which is something I definitely respect and wish to support. I have not tried other Tom’s products and it is possible that others are far more impressive and efficient than the deodorant, however this was not a good product and I was nowhere near satisfied with its performance. I will be happy to give Tom’s another chance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121021426941128/k2311a0221/2.21.11