Mundo Cafe and Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
31-18 Broadway Store #E, Astoria NY 11106
  • Living in Astoria, I quickly learned that there is no shortage of amazing food to chose from
  • This neighborhood is a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities, which always results in delicious cuisine
  • Having tried several dishes, I must say I am very impressed with the consistency of their chef’s work

• by Agoobacha

Living in Astoria, I quickly learned that there is no shortage of amazing food to chose from. This neighborhood is a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities, which always results in delicious cuisine. However, even after a year and a half of exploring this neighborhood’s opulent options, I have yet to come across anything as amazing and absolutely mind-blowing as Mundo Café and Restaurant. I have never gotten anything here that I did not absolutely love, that was not prepared with love and care, and that was not presented with the utmost creativity and passion. The service is something else, unlike anything else in

all of New York city. And the place itself just radiates happiness.

My first trip to Mundo, I met the entire cast of characters, the owner, the waitress, and the random guy that works there but it is unclear what he does. All of them were beyond friendly, offering genuine recommendations, quick to explain anything on the menu, and even going as far as to providing free dessert simply because they had talked it up and did not want us to feel bad for not trying it. Absolutely magnificent service, everyone who owns a restaurant or wishes to start one must take lessons from these ...

• guys. In addition to being pros, they are also extremely flexible. My boyfriend and I are vegetarians, which always means a bit of maneuvering when eating out at non-vegetarian restaurants. The staff at Mundo was extremely helpful in selecting our dishes and offering a variety of substitutions, which was greatly appreciated.

The food is a masterpiece. Having tried several dishes, I must say I am very impressed with the consistency of their chef’s work. The dishes are on the smaller side, however they are so flavorful and beautifully presented that you will not mind paying the price. The Red Sonja, which is their signature appetizer

dish is to die for, it is amazing that something so simple can taste so good. Other things on the menu that are worth your time are the Portobello ravioli, which are velvety, creamy and delicious, and of course you must treat yourself to the scrumptious chocolate soufflé that astounds the senses.

This place is a bit pricey and the portions are not as big as you would like, however it is an amazingly delicious piece of heaven, the atmosphere alone is worth what they are charging. Mundo is a great place to bring a date or meet with an old friend, it just radiates pleasure and leisure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 718021426690628/k2311a0218/2.18.11