Johnsonville Turkey and Cheddar Brats  » Food  »
  • I think one brat is more than enough for lunch instead of the two I normally would end up eating

• by Review Vigilante

Product Description: Johnsonville bratwurst made with turkey rather than pork and filled with cheddar cheese. We recently bought a pack for around $3. What I liked about this product: Whenever I hear the word turkey, I naturally start thinking there will be a difference in taste that I will not enjoy.

After all, I hate turkey hotdogs. However, when it came to these brats, I could not tell the difference between the

turkey or the more traditional pork bratwursts and would not have known they were turkey brats if I hadn’t seen the packaging.

The brats were pre-cooked, which had me a bit concerned because brats like that tend to come out a little tough when reheated. However, these were easy enough to eat; at least as easy as the brats we normally would buy and make from a raw state.

They also proved ...

• to be pretty filling. I think one brat is more than enough for lunch instead of the two I normally would end up eating.

What I didn’t like about this product: I like brats and I like cheese. But, I have never liked the two combined.

I had hoped that would be different this time around because they were turkey brats rather than traditional brats. But, the type of meat really didn’t

make much of a difference.

As a result, I was only able to eat one of these. My Final Opinion: These brats were much better than I expected them to be, which is why I am giving them a higher score than I normally would.

However, I think, if Johnsonville is going to go the turkey brat route, it should consider making some without cheese. I think I would have enjoyed them much more if that was the case.

Jeremy McGee says :

This is a review for the Johnsonville Corn Dogs. I have tried the original and the ones with cheddar. Both are great, and I can honestly say they are the best corn dogs that I’ve ever had from the grocery store. I always bake them at 350 degrees for about 30 min and they come out perfect. The corn dogs have a crunch to them that’s much different than the typical corn dog. Also the hot dog part inside is much more gourmet tasting than the typical hot dog found in other corn dogs. Johnsonville got this right
    I would definitely recommend these, to anyone. I believe I’ve seen them at most grocery stores I’ve gone to. They’re in the frozen food section. Enjoy

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718021426600628/k2311a0218/2.18.11