Hotel Formule 1 Fawkner  » Hotels  »
Fawkner, Australia
  • Overall it was a very nice stay, and I recommend it

• by Ruriko
      I am not usually one to stay in hotels. However, when I was leaving for a very early flight with my partner, we decided to stay at a close hotel the night before to save time, and prevent us from having to get up in the more scandalous hours of the morning.

We were drawn to Hotel Formule 1 in Fawkner, Melbourne because of quite a few factors.

1, it was only around a 10-15 minute drive away from the Melbourne International Airport, which meant that if we had everything ready we would only have to get up about an hour before our flight left.

2, it was cheap! At first we thought it was a typing mistake that the room was only $69 for a night.

However, it was true, and we quickly booed ...

• our place.

As you can imagine, there is a reason why the room was so cheap.

The facilities were fairly basic.

A double bed and a small bunk, a towel and a bar of soap each, ensuite with a shower, a small TV.

However, as you can imagine, we really weren’t after decadence, but a comfortable place to sleep for the night, and it really delivered that.

/> The staff at checking were helpful and friendly, and the room was comfortable for what it offered.

Checkout was at a modest 10am, and staff were available from the very early hours of the morning.

Overall it was a very nice stay, and I recommend it.

However, if you needed to stay for a larger amount of time, you\’d probably want to find somewhere that offered a little more in terms of fecilities.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22903142660731/k2311a0329/3.29.07