Boston Market mashed potatoes and gravy with turkey breast medallions  » Food  »
  • I like that the portion of the meal was equivalent to what Marie Callender's' meals are because it was more than enough for myself to eat
  • The gravy is rich and creamy just as you would expect gravy to be, and I love how the flavor of turkey is vibrant in the gravy
  • I found the best way to cook the meal was in the oven, although the box said I could prepare the meal in the microwave

• by C.Channing

I can honestly say I have never dined at Boston Market; however, when I saw their frozen meals in my local super Wal-Mart, I wanted to give them a try to expand my frozen dinners outside of Stouffer’s and Marie Callender’s. I purchased a couple of the Boston Market dinners solely because I’ve heard through word-of-mouth that Boston Market does have great food.

The thing I liked about the Boston Market mashed potatoes and gravy with turkey breast medallions is that it has the same cooking process as many of my favorite frozen dinners: Oven cooking. Although the box says you can cook the meal in the microwave,

it didn’t seem as if it would turn out the same if I would have used the oven. I put the oven on three hundred and fifty degrees and baked my dinner for forty minutes.

When it was done cooking, it smelled so good and it looked like a quality frozen meal unlike some of my horrible run-ins with poorly made frozen dinners. The meal looked as if I had prepared it myself from scratch. I like that the portion of the meal was equivalent to what Marie Callender’s’ meals are because it was more than enough for myself to eat.

I loved how both the mashed potatoes ...

• and turkey were covered in gravy: it reminded me of a Thanksgiving meal with the extra sides. The turkey medallions were about the size of a dollar coin which were good for me because I didn’t have to use my knife all that much. I like how the mashed potatoes are both creamy and thick, and actually taste like REAL potatoes. The gravy is rich and creamy just as you would expect gravy to be, and I love how the flavor of turkey is vibrant in the gravy. The turkey is also good as well and I like how it’s moist and just manages to suck up
        both the gravy and potatoes: I mixed all mine together.

Overall, the Boston Market mashed potatoes and gravy with turkey breast medallions was a great purchase especially for someone who loves the Hungry Man, Stouffer’s, and Marie Callender’s’ frozen dinners. I found the best way to cook the meal was in the oven, although the box said I could prepare the meal in the microwave. I love the texture of the meal and how all the flavors explodes in your mouth. I’m not sure if Boston Market sells this particular meal in their restaurants, but if they do I need to make a visit because it was really good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718021426590628/k2311a0218/2.18.11