Wing zone bbq shrimp
  • I am a HUGE fan of Wing Zone because not only do they offer the best of chicken, but they also allow you to decide on the flavor/sauce you chicken will be drenched in
  • The thing I like about Wing Zone's shrimp is that they are not small popcorn shrimp
  • I noticed the shrimp still had the shells on their tail which was okay because I had no problems eating them that way

• by C.Channing

I am a HUGE fan of Wing Zone because not only do they offer the best of chicken, but they also allow you to decide on the flavor/sauce you chicken will be drenched in. I’m a barbeque person, therefore, I am always ordering barbeque chicken wings; however, when I heard they had shrimp and that they could be ordered the same way as chicken, I jumped on the chance to have my first taste of barbeque shrimp.

The thing I like about Wing Zone’s shrimp is that they are not small popcorn shrimp: they are about the size of large shrimp. The shrimp are cooked the same

way as the chicken: deep fried. After deep-frying the large shrimp, they are then placed into a bowl of barbeque sauce where they are allowed to swim around and soak up the sweet barbeque sauce.

When I received my delivery, the shrimp were in a Styrofoam carry-out like the chicken would arrive in, except it was in what they would package up the desserts in. The bottom of the bowl was layered with aluminum foil, and the shrimp was practically overflowing. I’m a seafood lover by nature, so it wasn’t hard for me to be adventurous with my newfound flavor.

I noticed the shrimp still had the shells ...

• on their tail which was okay because I had no problems eating them that way. The outside of the shrimp were crispy just like the chicken which made me think Wing Zone uses the same batter ingredients for frying the shrimp; despite being heavily coated in the barbeque sauce, the batter on the shrimp was still crispy and gave a nice crunch when I took my slow bites of them.

The sweetness of the barbeque sauce matched perfectly with the battered skin, and it even paired well with the shrimp to my surprise. The shrimp were fried perfectly because they were tender and juicy in the center,

and not rubbery as if they were overcooked. I had a small order of the shrimp so they went by fast, but the flavor pairing was so good, and I like that the barbeque sauce didn’t overpower the shrimp taste.

Overall, Wing Zone’s barbeque shrimp has become one of my favorite items to order from their menu. The shrimp were perfectly cooked, they had the same batter used to fry the chicken, and I loved how the shrimp taste didn’t get lost behind the frying or the barbeque sauce. If you are adventurous with your palate then I would suggest ordering your shrimp with barbeque sauce on them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718021426570628/k2311a0218/2.18.11