Pacific Coast Highway in California  » Other  »
  • It travels along the coast of California which means that it goes through some of the best beaches that you will find
  • I would recommend bringing a camera because you will want to take lots of pictures
  • There are a lot of stores and gas stations along the highway so you won't have a problem finding somewhere to fill up

• by John

I visited California about a year ago and I had a chance to travel along the Pacific Coast Highway. Before I traveled it I heard a lot about how beautiful it was. I was amazed after seeing it in person and it was so much more than I expected. It travels along the coast of California which means that it goes through some of the best beaches that you will find. Most parts of it are close to

the California coastline so you really do get up close views.

This entire highway is over 2500 miles so I didn’t travel the entire thing but I did cover most of the southern parts. If you only get a chance to drive a small part of it I would suggest driving through the Orange County stretch. The views are truly spectacular. I would recommend bringing a camera because you will want to take lots of pictures. Not only are there great ocean ...

• views but you will also get a good chance to view mountains.

The entire highway is very well constructed and it provides for an easy drive. Most parts of it are newly paved but there are some rural parts of it that are not in perfect condition.

The traffic can be a bit difficult in some areas depending on the time of day. I would suggest not traveling it during midday especially if you are going through the L.A. area

because the traffic often can come to a complete stand still.

There are a lot of stores and gas stations along the highway so you won’t have a problem finding somewhere to fill up.

If you are ever in this part of the country I would certainly suggest a ride on it even if you just plan on looking at the scenes. I do a lot of traveling and I have to say that this is one of the most beautiful parts of the country.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1218021426550628/k2311a0218/2.18.11