Movie: 2 Fast 2 Furious
2.5
  • I don't know if it had the same magic as the first movie but watching multiple-car pile ups at high speeds is always going to be somewhat interesting
  • It's an OK film but the first movie was definitely a lot better and it isn't something that I would recommend buying

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: This sequel to the movie The Fast and The Furious sees Paul Walker’s character (now no longer a cop) helping out the customs department in an effort to bust a drug dealer with the help of one of his friends. What I liked about this movie: Much like the first movie, there are some great scenes involving car chases and stunts.

I don’t know if it had the same magic as the first movie but

watching multiple-car pile ups at high speeds is always going to be somewhat interesting.

And, I did like the fact this movie got away from the illegal street racing thing and had a totally different plot.

It was also nice getting a bit of a pre-quel as we learned a bit more about Walker’s character before the first movie and maybe why he let Vin Diesel get away at the very end of that film.

What ...

• I didn’t like about the movie: This was not the first time I have seen this film and I honestly did not remember a single bit of it when I was watching it for a second time last night.

In other words, while entertaining, it is also nothing memorable.

In fact, I really don’t remember too much of it less than a day after seeing it.

While the crashes were cool, they also involved a lot

of innocent peoople at times (especially on the highway) and there was no remorse shown for that.

And, some of the scenes toward the end involving the cops looked like something out of the movie the Blues Brothers.

Last I checked, this wasn’t supposed to be a comedy.

My Final Opinion: It’s an OK film but the first movie was definitely a lot better and it isn’t something that I would recommend buying; just renting if you get bored one weekend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1118021426540628/k2311a0218/2.18.11