Dell Studio XPS 16 Laptop
  • I watch a lot of DVD's and I'm highly impressed
  • Secondly, I found it to be a bit heavy as compared to other laptops, because of which it can’t be called as portable friendly
  • Fourthly, are its heating issues, but it is manageable because I brought a laptop fan to resolve this issue
  • It is definitely a good choice for those who need a good laptop with a lot of fresh and enjoyable features

• by Alvin Abraham

Dell Studio XPS 16 is a decent laptop and I am really proud to have owned it. It’s been over 6 months since I had brought it for $ 1300 from Amazon. I felt it was a good deal then, but anyway I am certainly happy with its great performance. The tech specs of my laptop were P8600 processor (2.53 Ghz), 4GB RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM hard drive, ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 video card and 16:9 ratio 1080p RGB LED screen, and I was really satisfied with what I had received without having burned a big hole in my wallet.

This laptop is fantastic. It preforms very smoothly and quickly, and can handle mostly everything I throw at it; in sense its performance is not affected. The first

thing that caught my attention was the stunning exterior look of the Dell Studio XPS 16. The glossy black with metallic trim was the most beautiful thing I had seen on a laptop. My breath was taken away when the LCD screen opened to reveal the black interior with back lit keyboard. I liked its 1080p HD resolution. The color was very rich and superb brilliant. I watch a lot of DVD’s and I’m highly impressed. The keyboard is very responsive and comfortable for me. I find the touchpad to be equally responsive, with easy-to-use touch features for scrolling and zoom among other things. It has an amazing wireless connectivity. Its gaming performance is what I really like the most; I have played MS Flight Simulator X, Elder Scrolls ...

• 4, Counter Strike etc., on this laptop and even once it didn’t flicker. The speakers are decent indeed if compared to laptop standards, it’s quite good. Video quality is simply outstanding, crystal clear images and a truly HD display. It boots up and shuts down really fast. Applications access time is also quick and Photoshop CS3, MS Office 2010, AutoCAD too, load really fast and perform alike. It has a 2 MP web-cam but I rarely use it since the day I got my 3G cellular.

Some issues with this laptop are; firstly, its screen. The actual screen’s surface is even with the keyboard when the lid is shut because of which the screen rubs against the keyboard and have caused scratches on my screen. Secondly, I found it

to be a bit heavy as compared to other laptops, because of which it can’t be called as portable friendly. Thirdly, the battery life is less, it may not be included as a con because of its high performance it does require power. Fourthly, are its heating issues, but it is manageable because I brought a laptop fan to resolve this issue; anyway it isn’t much of a problem.

In general, this laptop is just awesome. If I had to rate it out of 5, I would rate it 4. It is definitely a good choice for those who need a good laptop with a lot of fresh and enjoyable features. It multitasks like a fantasy, runs games with easiness, and is relaxed on the eyes and also on the wallet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6318021426280628/k2311a0218/2.18.11