GVP Tea Tree Oil Tea Tree Hair & Scalp Treatment 6.8 oz  » Health  »
  • I found several that contained salicylic acid, but knowing that this made my skin dry, in this particular case I did not want to use it, because I thought it might make the problem worse
  • It did smell of tea tree, although not quite as strong as the name brand, but because of the price and the similarity, I decided to give it a try
  • After drying, my final analysis was that this product was similar enough to the name brand that I would definitely buy it again
  • I definitely recommend this product as a reasonable alternative to the expensive salon brand

• by reviewabit

When I used a brand of hair color that made my scalp itchy and dry, I went in search of a gentle product that could help stop the itching. I found several that contained salicylic acid, but knowing that this made my skin dry, in this particular case I did not want to use it, because I thought it might make the problem worse. I tried using tea tree oil, but since I needed to use it close to the scalp, using enough to actually work made my hair look greasy. While I was out shopping, I walked down the hair care isle, and suddenly remembered that one of my favorite shampoos, Paul Mitchell’s tea tree shampoo, also made a conditioner and scalp treatment.

That would probably contain the tea tree oil, but would not make me look

greasy, and would add some needed softness to my hair as well. On the shelf near the salon products, I happened to notice a product by GVP (which stands for generic value products) that was made to be similar to the Paul Mitchell product I was looking for. It was much less expensive.

I opened the tube to take a sniff– I would be able to tell if it had enough tea tree oil in it to work by the smell. It did smell of tea tree, although not quite as strong as the name brand, but because of the price and the similarity, I decided to give it a try. If this turned out to be good, I would have found myself a great new bargain product to use.

After washing with a gentle shampoo, I ...

• massaged the creamy product into my scalp and left it there for five minutes. As it sat on my head, I felt the cool tingly sensation that tea tree products often give. This feeling immediately relieves itching, and it felt great.

After rinsing it out, my hair was very soft, de-tangled and comfortable. The product was not too over-zealous in conditioning. It still left a bit of body and volume in my hair, which was a very good thing as I have thinning hair.

After drying, my final analysis was that this product was similar enough to the name brand that I would definitely buy it again. Although the Paul Michell does admittedly have a nicer scent over all, the performance of the product otherwise was extremely similar. When I went to sleep that night,

for the first time in several days I was able to lay back on my pillow without instigating a wild itch-fest in my scalp.

I had no itching and only a little mild irritation left where I had already been scratching at the skin in my sleep on previous nights. The next evening I repeated the treatment, and kept using it for several more weeks. All of the itching was gone completely, and the scalp soreness quickly faded.

This is a great product for an itchy, irritated scalp. The tea tree oil in the treatment works with your own body’s healing processes and gets your skin back on the road to health, whether the problem is chemical irritation like I had, or even fungal and bacterial issues. I definitely recommend this product as a reasonable alternative to the expensive salon brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3417021426120628/k2311a0217/2.17.11