O’Charley’s Classic Club Sandwich  » Food  »
  • However, on one particular visit, I decided to try something less-greasy
  • On appearance, it’s a delicious, hearty sandwich
  • I would recommend the sandwich but don’t get the broccoli side

• by carblover

When I go the O’Charley’s, I normally gravitate towards getting one of their burgers, which is a good buy for about $6 to $8. However, on one particular visit, I decided to try something less-greasy. Under their sandwich menu, there is only item that seem somewhat like a healthier option: their Classic Club Sandwich.

It’s the only sandwich served on wheat-berry bread and includes a light, tangy dressing. Also, the combination of turkey, bacon, and cheese is hard to pass up.

Okay,

maybe the bacon and cheese is not too healthy but it’s less fatty than ground beef with bacon and cheese, right? It comes with French fries, I substituted steamed broccoli (hesitantly).

On appearance, it’s a delicious, hearty sandwich.

You can see that there’s a generous serving of turkey, corners of Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese, ends of the bacon sticking out, green lettuce and a hint of the lettuce and tomato. I was secretly hoping that the turkey would be a little superior than deli-thin-sliced ...

• turkey but it wasn’t; it was still delicious.

The combination of a creamy cheese and a tangy cheese complements the saltiness of the bacon wonderfully. The veggies were fresh and a necessary complement.

The bread was nicely toasted and wholesome; I loved the nuttiness of the wheat berries. I didn’t care too much for the Honey-Mustard Dressing (good thing I asked for it on the side).

A sandwich like this would have tasted better with low-fat mayo (which they don’t offer) and

spicy whole-grain mustard (which they had). It also would have tasted much better with French fries.

The broccoli I substituted was nothing special and it was a little overly steamed to a slight mush. I didn’t care for it much but I appreciated that they didn’t coat it with oil or butter.

Like the name, this is a simple classic club sandwich that’s delicious and inexpensive. I would recommend the sandwich but don’t get the broccoli side.

Stick with the French fries.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717021425580528/k2311a0217/2.17.11