Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs book
0.5
  • I just read it a few days ago and I can barely remember what had happened in it and I think that clearly says something about the plot
  • In fact, it was pretty boring and that is sad
  • Well, there was a plot but it just wasn’t very interesting
  • I recall that as I thought it was awkward for the lady, to be in that situation (being with ex-husband while the boyfriend came over to visit the beach house)
  • Needless to say, I found this novel to be highly disappointing and next time I’ll read something else

• by bookwyrm

I really didn’t care for this book very much. I just read it a few days ago and I can barely remember what had happened in it and I think that clearly says something about the plot. I remember the beginning, where they found a murder victim buried in the ground, but after that it’s kind of misty. That’s odd, because I can remember clearly books I read years ago more clearly than that. I think the problem is the plot was kind of dull and not very much happened. Well, not anything exciting anyway or something worth remembering. I

think there was a lot of asking people questions (like cops do) and I remember one guy lost his wallet and it had been found on a corpse… How the main character examined the bones was curious, but not enough to make the book a page turner. I admit to reading it because at the time I didn’t have anything else to read. I can’t even remember who the killer had been or why and I had been sitting here trying to remember and I can’t. Even looking at the cover doesn’t jolt that information from my brain.

As I ...

• said, the whole book was kind of dull and “blah”. I had hoped for something better and more exciting, but that never materialized. The author is supposed to be a New York Times Bestseller, but from reading this I really can’t see why. There was no chills or thrills, no suspense, no action that I remember. In fact, it was pretty boring and that is sad. I’m uncertain if all her books are this way or if it’s just this one as I had never read any other books by this author before.

The main character is a lady that does

autopsies on dead bodies, even just bones. The book was detailed in that regard but that alone can’t carry a plot. Well, there was a plot but it just wasn’t very interesting. The main character seemed to also be in a confusing relationship, having both a boyfriend and an ex-husband – at the same time. I recall that as I thought it was awkward for the lady, to be in that situation (being with ex-husband while the boyfriend came over to visit the beach house).

Needless to say, I found this novel to be highly disappointing and next time I’ll read something else.

Andrew Leither says :

It’s interesting to note that you said you read it a couple of days ago and that although you enjoyed the book you can’t remember the plot. I have read books like that too before and you start to wonder why did you waste all your time on that book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1717021425230428/k2311a0217/2.17.11