Blue Wilderness Turkey Canned Cat Food
  • For what a 3-ounce can cost for Blue Wilderness, I can get a 5.5 ounce can of similar quality cat food from different brands, so yes, it is expensive
  • I wouldn’t say it smells exactly like boiled turkey, but it comes pretty close I think
  • I love that this cat food is totally grain free
  • I know grain is bad for cats as they can’t really digest it and it just makes them sick

• by bookwyrm

This is another one of the canned cat foods I tried on my cats while searching for a new food for them to eat. It comes in a little 3 ounce can and must be one of the most expensive cat foods I have come across due to the size of the can and the price. For what a 3-ounce can cost for Blue Wilderness, I can get a 5.5 ounce can of similar quality cat food from different brands, so

yes, it is expensive. It might be worth it, though, as my cats really seemed to like the food inside the can and they ate it all. This stuff is really high quality and has a somewhat strong meat-like odor (but not overwhelming) that my cats seemed to love. I wouldn’t say it smells exactly like boiled turkey, but it comes pretty close I think.

I love that this cat food is totally grain free. There’s no rice, barley, corn or ...

• any other grain in here. It’s basically turkey, turkey broth, potatoes and a bunch of vitamins that cats need to stay healthy. I know grain is bad for cats as they can’t really digest it and it just makes them sick. I know because I had a cat die from kidney disease, her kidneys ruined by all of the dried corn and other filler in normal grocery store dry cat foods. That was years ago, before I knew any better.

I

think there are very few potatoes in here, too, as my cats just swallowed this stuff. They practically inhaled it. It’s rare these days for me to find a food that they actually like and one that causes them to clean their plates. I will defiantly be buying a few more cans of this from my pet store and feeding it on occasion along with the other brand I’m currently feeding.

I rate it a “9″ due to the high price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2917021425220428/k2311a0217/2.17.11