Archer Farms Simply Balanced Whole Wheat Tortillas
  • I really love these whole wheat tortillas from Target
  • I think they may be the only commercially produced ones that are, as all of the other brands I have looked at in various supermarkets contained soy in them in some manner, mostly soybean oil
  • I like that, as I like to add lots of veggies to my wraps

• by bookwyrm

I really love these whole wheat tortillas from Target. Archer Farms is the Target store brand. I don’t know if all Target stores carry these, but the one near my house does and I was really surprised to find them, too. Why? Because I am allergic to soy (all forms of soy including Soy Lecithin and Soybean oil) and these tortillas are actually soy free. I think they may be the only commercially produced ones that are, as all of the other brands I have looked at in various supermarkets contained soy in them in some manner, mostly soybean oil. These are made with palm oil instead of soybean oil, so they are safe

for me to eat.

I love that these are so easy to prepare. I just heat them up and then add my ingredients to them, roll them up and they are ready to eat. Sometimes I bake them for eighteen minutes after rolling them, to get the tortillas to better stayed rolled up and to heat all of the ingredients. Other times I don’t heat them, like if I add lettuce to them.

I also like that these are so versatile. I can make a lot of different meals with these, depending on what I add to them. One does not have to use only beef, as in a burrito. I have added chunks of smoked ...

• ham with cheese, spiced pork and striped of cooked chicken. In the future I plan to put turkey in them, too. And one can add a large variety of vegetables, too.

These tortillas are pretty big so they can hold a lot. I like that, as I like to add lots of veggies to my wraps. If they were smaller, I don’t think it would work as well. These roll up pretty easily and they stay rolled most of the time, even if I don’t bake them. Today I made some spiced pork tacos with these, adding lettuce, onions, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. The ingredients stayed in the wrap, except for a few little scraps

that fell out the end.

These also have a nice flavor. I also like that they are whole wheat, which is much better than just plain white flour. Whole wheat is better for one’s health and I am trying to improve my health, so that fits in nicely with my new goals. The 130 calories per tortilla is great, too.

All in all, I think these are a great deal as it saves me the trouble of trying to make my own tortillas from scratch. I can use these to make tacos; too, as I can no longer buy taco shells due to soy in all of them.

They come eight to a package.

These are a “10”!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717021425150428/k2311a0217/2.17.11