Eveready Two Pack Flashlights  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • I bought a two pack of the standard D cell using Eveready flashlights from my local Target
  • I should add these flashlights came with the old Eveready D batteries, the ones with a cat jumping through a “9” (I think it was a 9)

• by bookwyrm

I bought a two pack of the standard D cell using Eveready flashlights from my local Target. They were cheap and the regular “old fashioned” flashlight I remember having as a kid. I had wrongly presumed since they were the old fashioned standby, they would work well. Boy, was I wrong! The first one died for unknown reasons. It just stopped working and nothing I did could get it producing light again. Then I used the second one and within two months the bulb burned out! I turned it on one night, there was a bright flash and

then it went dark. However, I saw the flash and that told me the bulb had burned out (as regular light bulbs do the same thing). That’s probably what had happened to the first one, too, but I probably hadn’t seen the flash of light or maybe it burned out quietly without a flash. Who knows? But who ever heard of flashlight bulbs burning out in two months? That is just crazy! Shouldn’t they last a long time, like a year or something? I used just regular D cells in them so I’m sure it wasn’t the wrong ...

• type of battery.

I should add these flashlights came with the old Eveready D batteries, the ones with a cat jumping through a “9” (I think it was a 9). I remember seeing those as a kid decades ago and haven’t seen them for sale anywhere. Could these flashlights be that old, from the 1970s or something or does Eveready still make those old batteries with the cat on them? Because I certainly never see any for sale at Target or Walgreens or any of the other stores I shop at. And if the “regular” batteries of today are

too strong for the bulb (if that should be the case – I did notice the bulb seemed to burn out about a week after I replaced the batteries) – then where would I get those old cat batteries from? Companies these days seem to be making batteries stronger, not weaker. And a flashlight is not very useful at all if you can’t easily replace the batteries with fresh batteries from your local store.

These are the brightly colored plastic flashlights that come in a two pack, but they might be available in single packs, too.

I rate these flashlights a “1”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1617021425010428/k2311a0217/2.17.11