Evanger’s Organic Turkey & Butternut Squash Dinner
  • I like the healthy ingredients in this food and the fact that it is organic, but for some reason my cats didn’t eat it very well at all
  • The other flavor by Evanger’s that they did love doesn’t contain squash at all, so I think that is the culprit in this case

• by bookwyrm

This is the second flavor by Evanger’s that I tried on my cats. I like the healthy ingredients in this food and the fact that it is organic, but for some reason my cats didn’t eat it very well at all. They both normally love turkey, too, so I guess it was the butternut squash in the recipe that they didn’t care for. The other flavor by Evanger’s that they did love doesn’t contain squash at all, so I think that is the culprit in

this case.

This can was more like regular canned cat food. It was kind of soft and mushy, probably because of the squash. I did think it was odd that the two different flavors by the same company had totally different textures. Why is that? Normally pet brands have some consistency from flavor to flavor so you can know what to expect. Yet the pheasant flavor looked like real meat in a can while this turkey flavor had the appearance of regular ground pate cat ...

• food. A bit strange really but I guess it depends on what vegetables they use in the recipe…

I believe this is a healthy cat food though and I like that. It is totally grain free and that is very good indeed, as grain can cause all sorts of health problems in cats, especially kidney disease. Way too many pet companies load their cat foods with grain and I am glad that this brand doesn’t do that. The food is also organic and that means it

is free of pesticides and other nasty things that people use on crops. I certainly wouldn’t want my pet eating those nasty chemicals!

I also liked that the first three ingredients were meat based: turkey, turkey broth and turkey liver. Too bad my cats didn’t like this food better or I would feed them this flavor on a regular basis as it looks very good for a cat’s health.

I rate this food a “8” as my cats as my cats apparently didn’t like the squash.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2917021424990428/k2311a0217/2.17.11