General Mills Golden Grahams Cereal  » Food  »
  • I think it's worth it to buy the larger box, because for 40 cents more, you are getting four more ounces
  • Unfortunately, it does contain 270 milligrams of sodium, which sounds pretty high to me
  • I like the crunchiness of Golden Grahams and the combination of the sweet grahams with cold milk

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I always used to love Golden Grahams when I was younger. This was probably one of my favorite cereals, because General Mills took the concept of graham crackers and put them in a cereal. I don’t know of any other cereal company that uses graham crackers in their cereal. So that is what’s unique about Golden Grahams.

Wegman’s supermarket sells a 16 ounce box of Golden Grahams for $3.29, and they also have a slightly smaller box (12 ounces) for $2.89. I think it’s worth

it to buy the larger box, because for 40 cents more, you are getting four more ounces. This is a good cereal for the whole family, because it says on the box that it is a good source of calcium and vitamin D. A couple of other positive features are that it contains no saturated fat and no trans fat.

Unfortunately, it does contain 270 milligrams of sodium, which sounds pretty high to me. But if you examine the pros and cons, I think it ...

• balances out well, because there are still more pros to this cereal. It contains whole grain wheat and corn meal, and I never would have even realized that from the taste. It is a little sweet from the flavor of graham, and it also tastes like it contains some honey in it, but honey is not listed as one of the ingredients. But for those of you who like the taste of honey in your cereal, I think you will like Golden Grahams. It
        contains brown sugar syrup, so maybe that is the ingredient that tastes like honey.

I like the crunchiness of Golden Grahams and the combination of the sweet grahams with cold milk. Like most cereals, though, it doesn’t stay crunchy in the milk. It gets pretty soggy as you get closer to the bottom of the bowl. But at least they stay crunchy while you are eating the first half. This is a very tasty cereal for people who want to have the taste of graham crackers for breakfast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717021424820428/k2311a0217/2.17.11