Food and Family Magazine: 2005 Fall Issue  » Media  »
  • I love the fall time not solely because of the golden leaves on the trees, but because it’s the best time for home cooks to bust on the slow-cooking recipes
  • I have never worked with garlic before, so it was interesting to read the article because it taught me how to cook it as well as how to store it, and what type of garlic I should purchase for a fresher taste
  • The article also mentioned the different variations of cooking which I paid close attention to because it gave some great tips and techniques
  • Aside from the highlighted food items, I found a lot of great recipes to work with no just for the fall time but all year round
  • This is by far my favorite comfort food issue by Food and Family

• by C.Channing

I love the fall time not solely because of the golden leaves on the trees, but because it’s the best time for home cooks to bust on the slow-cooking recipes. In the Food and Family Magazine; 2005 Fall Issue, it captures everything about fall cooking for cooks: the fast and easy recipes and the ones that take a little longer to prepare.

I love the front cover of the magazine because it’s a picture of one of Food and Family’s quick recipes: Shortcut Chicken Parmesan. It’s an up-close shot of the chicken surrounded by rotini pasta with dices of tomatoes and cheese on top of a breaded chicken.

In every Food and Family article, a particular food is highlighted in the

magazine; however, in this issue garlic and potatoes are highlighted. I have never worked with garlic before, so it was interesting to read the article because it taught me how to cook it as well as how to store it, and what type of garlic I should purchase for a fresher taste. The potatoes section was my favorite of the two because I love potatoes, and I was interested in learning more about the varieties of them. The article mentioned all seven of the potatoes which I didn’t realize it was that many of them: sweet, new, Yukon gold, purple, fingerling, red, and Idaho or russet potatoes. The article also mentioned the different variations of cooking which I paid ...

• close attention to because it gave some great tips and techniques.

Aside from the highlighted food items, I found a lot of great recipes to work with no just for the fall time but all year round. I love chicken and rice recipes and I actually found a great number of these particular recipes. I also found a lot of snack and dessert recipes. For example, I found a few apple snack recipes which I like because I love eating apples for snacks, and they all were easy to prepare. There was one with cheese on it that I didn’t prepare because an uncooked apple with melted Kraft cheese on top does not sound very appetizing. There was quite a

few bar dessert recipes such as cheesecake bars and there was also a moist caramel apple cake which I actually enjoyed making, and it wasn’t sickly sweet as I assumed it would be.

Overall, The Food and Family Magazine: 2005 Fall Issue was a great issue for me because I love the slow-cooking recipes in this issue because they epitomize everything fall and comfort food. I like the many rice and chicken recipes, especially the one with the cheese and broccoli. I loved the snack recipes along with the cheesecake bar and caramel recipes; I also liked the article about the variety of potatoes and the different cooking methods. This is by far my favorite comfort food issue by Food and Family.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3917021424810428/k2311a0217/2.17.11