Marie’s Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing  » Food  »
  • I love the taste of Marie's, because it doesn't have a strong vinegar taste like some of the other bottled blue cheese dressings
  • I have noticed, though, that Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing does not contain any trans fat or preservatives
  • So maybe it is not as unhealthy as I thought it was, unless the company has changed the ingredients in the past ten years, and they are trying to be just a little more health-conscious
  • It contains ingredients like sour cream and egg yolks, and they help to make it as delicious as it is
  • Marie's Chunky Blue Cheese dressing is my favorite blue cheese dressing on the market, but I think that thick and creamy dressings like that are only good to eat sparingly, if you get tired of the usual vinaigrette dressings or Italian dressing

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I remember how much I used to enjoy Marie’s Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing on my salad many years ago. I have been trying to eat healthier now, so I do not eat it anymore. I love the taste of Marie’s, because it doesn’t have a strong vinegar taste like some of the other bottled blue cheese dressings. It is a rich, thick, and creamy dressing with a pretty mild taste. It tastes very similar to the blue cheese dressings that I have eaten in some fine restaurants, so that is why I periodically bought it.

I have noticed, though, that Marie’s

Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing does not contain any trans fat or preservatives. So maybe it is not as unhealthy as I thought it was, unless the company has changed the ingredients in the past ten years, and they are trying to be just a little more health-conscious. I do think the dressing is high in sodium, though, because a 12 ounce jar contains 210 milligrams. It also contains 15 milligrams of cholesterol. But of course you have to automatically expect that this is going to be fattening, because it is blue cheese dressing. It contains ingredients like sour cream and egg ...

• yolks, and they help to make it as delicious as it is. But that also tells me that you should only eat this dressing once in a while, to play it safe. So if you don’t have high cholesterol, then I would recommend Marie’s as an occasional treat on your salad. The cool creaminess of this dressing really compliments the crispy lettuce leaves. I think it would also make a good dip for French fries, as an alternative to ketchup.

Wegman’s supermarket sells the 12 ounce jar for $2.99. I think another good way to get your money’s worth and to consume

less calories and sodium here is to put just a small amount of Marie’s dressing on your salad. That way you will have just enough dressing on each lettuce leaf to allow you to get a light taste of the blue cheese. The jar will last longer that way, and you won’t have to worry as much about your cholesterol intake. Marie’s Chunky Blue Cheese dressing is my favorite blue cheese dressing on the market, but I think that thick and creamy dressings like that are only good to eat sparingly, if you get tired of the usual vinaigrette dressings or Italian dressing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717021424790428/k2311a0217/2.17.11