Tangled 3D Movie  » Movies  »
  • You get that similar feel when it comes to the flow of the narrative, and while Tangled doesn't really bring a lot of groundbreaking elements to the table, it is infused with just enough modern intricacies that in my opinion help it stand out as a classic for our times
  • I enjoyed Tangled very much, and I would definitely recommend it to people once the movie is released in DVD and Blu-Ray in the future

• by poyayan

I’m a big fan of Disney animated movies, even the ones that are about the so-called Disney Princesses. So when I saw the trailed for Tangled, Disney’s 50th animated film, then you can just imagine how excited I was. After watching the movie in 3D recently, all I can say is that the film didn’t disappoint.

From the trailer itself, even though it is rendered using computer graphics and 3D technology, you can easily see that the movie is heavily influenced by old-school Disney animation. From the eyes to the frames of the human characters

and even to the horses and birds in the movie, it all screams classic Disney. I really love that aspect of the film. The 3D doesn’t seem all that mind-blowing to me, as I imagine I’d be feeling the same way about the animation quality even if I was only able to watch in digital 2D. Still, some scenes—like the night the lanterns flew in the sky—are more breathtaking in 3D.

Story-wise, Tangled is also like all the previous Disney animated movies. You get that similar feel when it comes to the flow of the ...

• narrative, and while Tangled doesn’t really bring a lot of groundbreaking elements to the table, it is infused with just enough modern intricacies that in my opinion help it stand out as a classic for our times.

The voice-acting and music of the film is also reminiscent of past Princess animated classics from Disney. Mandy Moore was really into the character, and Zachary Levi did a good job of not being like his most popular role of “Chuck.” Who knew he could sing?

Overall, I can see why many critics would point out that Tangled is

not really on par with the other classics like Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and even Aladdin and Mulan. Still, the new movie brings enough to the table to be able to give children of this generation a full-fledged Disney princess of their own. Laced with comedy and a modern sensibility, it’s a refreshing take on a template and gives its contemporary viewers the kind of entertainment value expected from a Disney animated film.

I enjoyed Tangled very much, and I would definitely recommend it to people once the movie is released in DVD and Blu-Ray in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117021424770428/k2311a0217/2.17.11